Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

How to expand beyond Level 1 Map Editor?

Post by heatham
I would like to edit more of the map but as a level 1 map editor I'm rather constrained with the "1 mile" restriction.

Reasons:
1. I don't drive much beyond my routine to work and back home.
2. After several weeks of searching the map, almost all of the map that is viewable to me has been properly edited.
3. I love maps and cartography.
4. I would like to gain more points by editing the maps, but apparently I must somehow find another 97,000 map edits before I can get to Level 3 map editor (to meet the required 100,000 map edits).

Where's the justification and incentive for me?

Please advise.
heatham
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:9277052

Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Search for "How can I become an Area Manager"
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
This is starting to look like the Medic thread. I should change my user to ILMedic. :mrgreen:
That doesn't look right. :lol:
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by harling
davipt wrote:Where did you see that you need 100K edits for level3? 100K is rank4, 200K is rank5 and possible CM.
Depending on your region, points alone may be (or soon will be) only one of several criteria for advancement, for reasons including those alluded to above.
Rank3 is AM access, which you can ask anytime, but I strongly recommend that you do some quality edits and ensure what you are doing is really correct and then albeit you could ask for the AM yourself (it's different on self-managed countries), I'd still recommend that you'd introduce yourself at the forum and get to know other AMs and CMs and even get a sponsor or mentor for your AM access.
The trend is definitely toward emphasizing quality over quantity; eventually, even requests to become an Area Manager will no longer be granted automatically, but will depend on a number of factors.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by HawaiianNinja
Yeah, takes forever to get 100K edits.

I'm trying my best to get streets right, but after a few months I noticed someone else has gone in and changed things back because they look at a map at home and think the old streets are still there when they have been removed. Very frustrating. But I'll keep chugging along.
HawaiianNinja
Send a message

Post by rivermedic
I would absolutely agree with txemt. I started out 8 months ago and attempted to take on too much. Start with one area and learn it right. Another very valuable think is to read the editing forums and link provided by waze. Learn your hot keys on your keyboard by pressing "shift ?" There are some helpful keys. Don't focus on points, but on editing correctly and the points will come; took me a while to learn that one. If I had it start over this what I would do.
rivermedic
Send a message
Area Manager: DFW, Central and part of West Texas

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/14/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by txemt
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... TllZanc6MA

Depending on where you live, this may not apply to you. If you live in the US, then this will apply to you. I would recommend starting out small, and then expanding as you gain knowledge on how to edit. You can also drive around more. Explore your city/town more to see your changes, or what others have done. You may also want to contact the people who are editing in your area to ask questions, or get advice from them.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.