Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Ability to select current location for future destinations

Post by Railton
Is there a way for Waze to include an option to select a current destination to be saved (save as " ") for use as a future destination. For example, I visit many locations and their addresses are not close to the parking areas, which may be around the corner or a as much as a block away and I would like to use physical locations as a destination point.
Railton

POSTER_ID:5421057

Send a message

Post by wendsong
There is a park feature in the latest version of Waze, check it out...[/quote]

Where would I go to find this feature?
Thanks
wendsong
Send a message

Post by wendsong
AndyPoms wrote:[quote="There is a park feature in the latest version of Waze, check it out...
Can you tell me, where is that exactly and how do I use it? I found it once, but couldn't make it work, and then couldn't find it again. Waze is not always user friendly and other times works like a charm. :roll:

Thanks
wendsong
Send a message

Post by wendsong
Could this be used as a way to locate a parked vehicle? A couple of times now, I've had to circle the area looking for my car (walking), until I thought to put the address where I parked into Waze. Sometimes addresses are not so easy to see and it would also be handy for locating where you parked in a large lot, say Disneyland, etc. :idea:
wendsong
Send a message

Post by pihentagy
AndyPoms wrote:
pihentagy wrote:
AndyPoms wrote: There is a park feature in the latest version of Waze, check it out...
Why not automate this, and just say that you are parking, where waze was switched off last time?
Because not everyone returns to the same place each time they start Waze.
Ok, it would be just an option, but you shouldn't explicitly press another button, but get it for free.
If the current location differs from the last known position, waze would tell you, that, oh, you are not the same place, as last time. Should I show you that location (your parking car)?
pihentagy
Send a message