[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Postby bgodette » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:17 am

doctorkb wrote:This script has been incorporated into WME Tools... Which is actively being maintained.

I'm not sure if any updates are happening to JNF.
??? it just doesn't need updates that often. AFAIK WMET just calls JNF if it's present.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:51 am

doctorkb wrote:
bgodette wrote:??? it just doesn't need updates that often. AFAIK WMET just calls JNF if it's present.

There was a rash of updates to everything here a week or two ago to correspond with some change to infrastructure. Don't know details, but didn't see JNF update.
It was updated and posted into the beta forum the day the beta changed which was a little over a week before public, it just wasn't updated on Userscripts until the day the public editor was updated.

doctorkb wrote:Also, wmet now has all the JNF code builtin... Doesn't need JNF loaded.
Which is why I guess all those things JNF does that are niceties not directly related to soft/hard/self/rev/rbt/dead-ends/lollipops/loops that WMET doesn't do stopped working for those that didn't update. ;)
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:32 pm

The latest Chrome will disable non store extensions on startup, however if you have developer mode enabled you can delete the "local" extensions and re-add them and they'll work until the next time you completely restart Chrome again.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:10 pm

qwaletee wrote:Please see this new thread on loss of elevation data that may be due to JNF (or not!).
This is not a problem caused by JNF, but a problem caused by Features (WME backend) and propagation delay. JNF attempts to deal with the problems (data consistency and propagation delay) by issuing another data reload after successful saves. This issue has been around for about 2 years now, and has been referenced multiple times in this thread.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Jay91150 wrote:Is there any possibility in getting JNF updated to "fix" 'same endpoints drivable segments' in a similar fashion to how it fixes self-connecting loops, so that I can just hit one node of a 'same endpoints' with the 'qw' key combination and it'll automatically break the segment in question into two? Or is there another script/extension (for Chrome please :)) that will do that?

It'd save me a huge amount of time getting rid of thousands of these segments in my city, rather than drawing a road intersecting the segment and then deleting it.
Yes, it's something I am working on, as well as updating the node removal bookmarklet to follow the same rules.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:12 pm

berestovskyy wrote:IMO we should split the segment with the lower road type (i.e. parking lot rather than highway), or the longer one, or the segment with the higher ID. That is the tie-breaker I'm using in Validator...
Split the longer of the two, else split the lower ranking Type, else split the youngest segment, else split one-way vs two-way, else split the highest segment id (it was created/imported later).

The first rule should almost always match except for special stacking hacks to make right+left turn restricted (and the mirror for rhd countries). The common match will always have a geometry point to split on, the uncommon will have to split on 1/2 total length if there are no intermediate geometry points.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:53 pm

doctorkb wrote:Can I suggest that lower ranking be split before longer?

If the short segment is a parking lot, it should still be the one to get a penalty over a street...
FYI all this connected to same node fix does is deal with a display problem in WME when drawing the route proposed by Waze. There is no actual issue being fixed by this in terms of end-user experience or routing.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:53 pm

doctorkb wrote:Ok -- but making the change (i.e. putting that node in there) can introduce a few things:
1. if it's on a corner (a likely place for a geometry node, where the junction would be created), there could suddenly be a "turn left" or "turn right" instruction when before there was none.
There are no instructions when there are no alternatives. That's in the Wiki btw.
doctorkb wrote:2. there will be an additional penalty introduced (at least until the routing engine gets better knowledge of traffic)
5s for 1-2 days from the first time someone transits the node, same as an edit delay.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:56 pm

CBenson wrote:Why will there be an additional penalty? Waze told us ages ago there was a penalty to pass every junction node, but later told us that if the node only connects two segments the penalty is "null."
We've actually tested that. There's a penalty until drive analysis processes a drive across the new node. After that happens and a tile build happens, the assume transit time does appear to become zero, but until that happens it seems to be the old 5s penalty from the dark ages.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:01 pm

CBenson wrote:While primarily a display issue, I believe there are some minor end-user experience/routing issues that are addressed as well. First, if the route begins or ends on a segment that connects with another segment at both ends, I think that sometimes the route is shown beginning or ending on the other segment. Second, if your route includes a segment that shares end nodes with another segment, if you deviate onto the other segment, it seems that waze does recalculate the route (admittedly not a significant problem as you end up at the same point anyway).
Perhaps. It would explain some of the "proceed to highlighted route" I occasionally get.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts