Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by wpegues
Another thing that I have noticed with this editor is that when using "SELECT ENTIRE STREET" (especially useful when many segments of the street is the wrong type, has the wrong state label or is listed as 1-way when not) after making the corrections and then saving the LEVEL has a very high chance of having changed all on its own. Level would not even be touched, but correcting anything else and then saving. It may change on all segments, just some, and it may change to level 1 or something else entirely.

The work around that I found works is that before the save action, change the level to 1 and then change it back to 0, then save and it sticks.

Don't do this and you may find that the level has changed to 'something else' that what it was before, even when its been correct as Level 0 on all segments.

This has led me to notice that some others using this command have not noticed it as I have started running across it having occurred to others.
wpegues
Send a message
Will
iPad Air, iOS 7.1.2
iPhone 4s, iOS 7.1.2
MacBookPro 15" Retina, Mountain Lion 10.9.4
Area Manager: Northern Virginia

Post by wpegues
bgodette wrote:
wpegues wrote:Another thing that I have noticed with this editor is that when using "SELECT ENTIRE STREET" (especially useful when many segments of the street is the wrong type, has the wrong state label or is listed as 1-way when not) after making the corrections and then saving the LEVEL has a very high chance of having changed all on its own.
Not really bug, the level, speed, etc, aren't actually being changed and this has been covered many many times in this thread.
If that is true, why can I go back after not just a few minutes, but the next day and find that the level is not the '0' that it originally was, and why can I find it from others that were days later that is doing the same thing.

Seems to me that is changed if I inspect just a single segment and find that its level is no longer '0' and its been more than 24 hours and no one has touched the segment or the entire street except me.
wpegues
Send a message
Will
iPad Air, iOS 7.1.2
iPhone 4s, iOS 7.1.2

Post by wpegues
jasonh300 wrote:
wpegues wrote:If that is true, why can I go back after not just a few minutes, but the next day and find that the level is not the '0' that it originally was, and why can I find it from others that were days later that is doing the same thing.
You aren't using the "bridge" function to eliminate extra junctions, are you?
I am not using the bridge function when this is happening, whether it is a find of an existing situation done earlier by me or by someone else.

On the other hand, there are some very rare instances when I see the bridge icon and I select that. Guess what, those all turn out correct in my experience of them.

Over the past week of working in a very rural area where there are lots of named roads of multiple segments but all going 1 way (when 2 way) or 'unknown' direction, and most all assigned to the wrong state, almost none have shown the bridge icon at a node. And when they have, its been after I have saved and then reselected to the "entire street" to check my work, that's when the bridge icon may appear (but again, almost never does) and when I select it, the levels never change after saving and again reviewing.

I could go set up an example, provide a permalink to a highlighted item, give step by step key stroke/mouse click. But it seems that the problem is "known". Its just that I like other, get concerned when we see a bad indication persist for a few days.

What I am going to do is go set one up now, let it fail so that it shows the "change" in levels and just let it sit. Check it every day until I see the notification that the tiles have been updated for NA and then go see what it shows. If it persists with the incorrect level, that would seem to indicate that the bad data is being saved at some level - which is not necessarily something to be ignored.
wpegues
Send a message
Will
iPad Air, iOS 7.1.2
iPhone 4s, iOS 7.1.2

Post by wpegues
I have set up 2 test cases, but I am going to leave them alone until we go across another tile update. I will check them daily as well.

These were both set up using the Select Entire Street command and then I changed the road type and both are 4 or more segments. The bridge was not used, the bridge icon did not appear on review after saving using the select entire again.

In both instances I am testing, when reselected with the select entire, the level had changed from 0 to state multiple. Selecting each segment, when multiple had shown up for that segment, it was showing a check mark above the level 9 location - which has no entry on my view of the list, its just an check mark beside a blank entry.

On all of these, the segment that showed the level change was the actual segment I had selected initially before using the 'Select Entire..." command.

I had also tried 2 other multi-segment streets and made the change and they did not change the levels. It does not happen every time. Also, over the past week, not every time does it go to this unlabeled level, sometimes it would change it to Level 1. I don't recall it going to another level. This also made me start watching to assure that after doing a select entire that it did not read 'multiple' for levels or that it did not have some other level, all have always been all level 0 to start with.
wpegues
Send a message
Will
iPad Air, iOS 7.1.2
iPhone 4s, iOS 7.1.2