Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by muchski
I hope soon! I wouldn't even mind an interim beta to have access to the new features! I guess stability is a huge issue and they are trying to sort that one out before they release the version 2.0! I think I am more accepting of the BETA part of it, and can live with a few minor grievances. I really hope they hit it out of the park with the release given the length of time to develop it, but I won't cruficy them if it is less than perfect!
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by muchski
Thanks for the update Fej! Wish I could send over some redbulls to help! :)
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
Haha anyone wanna make predictions while we wait?

I predict tomorrow! TGIF! Haha I am most likely wrong but it gives me something to look forward to! Any other guesses?
muchski
Send a message

Post by myld
I don't recognize that description at all. I've used waze quite intensively for about a month, mostly just in "viewing mode" while driving, but also for bulldozing new roads and for navigation to an address. So far I've only had one single crash.

I'm using HTC Desire with Android 2.2 now (2.1 the first weeks). Waze has been version 1.9.0.0 all the time (downloaded from the Market).

My biggest issue is the slow update of drives from the phone to cartouche, and from cartouche edits to live map and to phone (but that's off topic - sorry).
myld
Send a message

Post by myld
Google Navigation is only available in some countries, so that's not an option in Sweden for example.

A few posts back I said that I had no crashing problems with Waze, but this morning it did spontaneously reboot my HTC Desire with Android 2.2 and Waze 1.9.0.0 while it was in navigation mode guiding me to work (I was verifying a couple of roundabouts I had corrected in cartouche).
myld
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
I love the new version, just tried it to work!

2 best things so far:
Always shows the speed (I added that to the wishlist a while back)
Update all maptiles, this makes it really really easier for us AM's!
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
Hmm, the link to the 104 version dont åren to work.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
same for me, Android 2.1 and the .105 version
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by ozhound
StefanSarzio wrote:I don't have that problem with any other company.

I'm down to one star on the market for waze. The next step will be hitting the deinstall button 'any day now'.
You don't pay for it, you can always go and pay a subscription or once on $100 for a Nav software that you have not input of control over.

or you can wait for the dev's to sort the problems out.
ozhound
Send a message

Post by pevans_om
Ditto on the Waze exit problem. After exiting Waze from the menu I still have waze icon in the status bar. If I resume Waze it tells me there's been an error and allows me to submit logs

HTC Tattoo
Android 1.6
pevans_om
Send a message
Area Manager - Port Elizabeth, ZA