Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.
Post by WeeeZer14
36.) LOTS of turns were messed up there and one at-grade connector wasn't even connected. I also tweaked the geometry of some junctions to try to make sure straight/left/right is obvious in directions. Middle section of Farnsworth/Georgetown changed to no-name. Give the whole area a look to make sure I didn't miss anything.

37.) I put in a ramp/ramp split to force directions. You can close the UR if that is what was being reported.

38.) Another ramp/ramp implemented.

39.) Ramp/ramp yet again. Moved the split to before the toll plaza because you have to make your decision BEFORE the tolls. (I'm very familiar with that spot.)

40.) I've driven on 29 there in Trenton a few times. I only know it as SR-29 myself. But I'd check with MReiser4670 before changing anything since he seemed to have worked on that area. Just send him a PM and ask if he knows if locals use the "John Fitch Way" name more than SR-29. He may have just worked to get it workable and not worried about the name, OR he knows more than we do :)

NOTE: I used ramp/ramp splits in all these items. Freeway/Freeway would work as well. I've been a fan of ramp/ramp but others like Freeway/Freeway more. I've actually put the Freeway/Freeway in the wiki although I haven't had much experience with it. Anyway, long story short, I know ramp/ramp works and I'd like to work with Freeway/Freeway on some local roads first before I start putting them in places I don't drive often.

P.S. - I start driving to NY/NJ tomorrow morning. You may see me on the map anywhere from Staten Island, to Summit NJ, to South Jersey at different times from Thursday to Tuesday :)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
Wajo357 wrote:thanks again!

We've discussed the ramp/ramp and Freeway/Freeway earlier in this thread.
You are welcome. And I am sure I have discussed it in 20 threads by now. Hard to keep track ;)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)

Post by WeeeZer14
I was traveling a lot recently, so just getting caught up!

41.) updated
42.) Updated a bunch of turns around there. Ugh.
43.) Fixed.
44.) Fixed.
45.) Un-junctioned the railroad from a bunch of ramps. Identified split moved and named. Names added to a few other ramps in the area. Names REMOVED from yet other ramps. Started to add E/W designator to 46. This area is very complex, so please review my changes. I'm sure there is more to do here. I mainly focused on 46.
46.) Ramps realigned.
47.) Turn restricted.
48.) Moved a bit closer.

49.) Fixed.
50.) Split moved back.
51.) Already fixed?
52.) Yeah looks like there is a new arrangement and the last editor gave up or forgot to finish up. This page has a image from the newspaper of what it will eventually look like. So the GPS tracks seem to indicate that part of the SPUI is open. I tried to make the roads into something useful, but I have no idea what it really looks like.
53.) Are you sure that turn is still allowed? Lots has changed there with the new bridge for Truck 1&9. I was there a few months back, but not at that intersection.
54.) I've build and rebuilt that circle a few times. And someone else has modified it since my last edits. I think I have it straighened out again. BTW, this can NOT be a true roundabout in the editor since you can make lefts from 439 onto 1&9 in the middle.
55.) Turn lane added. Turns updated.
56.) The ramps are early, BUT you need advance notice through there. And there are plenty of signs earlier than our splits are mapped, so drivers shouldn't be confused. Banished had touched this previously, so there may be specific reasons for the layout. For now I say leave it be unless there are URs there.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
57.) Fixed.
58.) Moved. I am also not certain on what road type to use. Parking lot should keep "normal" traffic out. May have to test to see what happens when you try to route to the stadium itself.
59.) Moved.
60.) I can't see a reason why not, so I enabled it. Now we see if there are URs complaining about it enabled ;)
61.) Enabled.
62.) Updated. I also combined the on and off ramps on the other side of the highway so we could restrict the ramp to ramp u-turn.
63.) Restricted.

I'll leave the few URs for you to close.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
I've only seen a segment or two missing once or twice. One I spoke to orbitc about since his name was the last editor near it. The other I fixed with out thinking to look.

Don't touch it for now and I will send it to support.

I'll look at the new numbered requests after that.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
64.) Fixed.
65.) Ramp must be named. At the start of the ramp is a single sign for 23 north. At the end is a split to 23 north and the service road. If the ramp was unnamed, at the start you would get a prompt for the service road but that is not on any signs. It is fine if each and every ramp has a name. Actually preferred for traffic reports in fact.
66.) Fixed.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Wajo357 wrote:Weeezer14,
Just to clarify on the ramp naming: I understand that ramp naming is preferred, as long as the source ramp isn't the same name as one of the destination ramps, right? Because if it is, Waze won't tell you to keep right if the right ramp name is the same as the one you were on. At least that is how it used to be.
If a ramp segment ends at a split into two other ramps, that first source ramp MUST have a name UNLESS both destination ramps have signs at the start of the first ramp. Otherwise your direction to enter the first ramp may include a name that isn't on the sign.

I believe all ramp to ramp splits are supposed to be announced now, but I can't think of a specific location to test that. If we need names to be different, you can tweak things like make one "Exit to..." and the other "to..." or leave the control city off one ramp etc.

As the ramps are now, it should be fine since the first ramp includes the control city but the left hand split does not.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
orbitc wrote:https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=31852859

Atlantic is Minor highway mostly and here marked as street. Also, Someone's been going in the wrong direction?
Someone must have just missed those segments when changing things to minor highway.

And it looks like someone is going into that motel parking lot thorough the stripped paint. Not the cleanest movement, but may not be illegal either. You can deal with it by moving the split into the painted region and putting a parking lot road in for the motel.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Wajo357 wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure I know what you are talking about. Are we looking at the same area? When I delete the red road, the white, orange and ramp segments need their turn restrictions enabled.
I was replying to orbitc's interjection, not your number 67 :)

67.) I think I have it corrected. Check it out.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
68.) I created the ramp segment and adjusted the names of the roads connected to it (adding direction suffix, changing State Route to SR- on exiting ramp, etc.). I'd like to see how this area works since exits 14 and 13 are so close to the split. If we get 14 to work nicely, I think that may create trouble for 13. As it is now if you are going to 14 you'll get a keep left and then a exit right. If a driver gets into the left-most lane, they may miss the exit. If we fix 14, we just move that issue down to exit 13.

Why is this segment named as it is?

69.) I had to work around a level 6 lock, but I got it updated.

BTW, on signs we can abbreviate so "US Hwy 46 W" becomes "US-46 W" and "State Rte 20" becomes "SR-20". That is ONLY for ramp segments though. So you can update this segment for example.

70.) Unlocked and road type changed. BUT that road probably could qualify to be Major Highway instead of Minor Highway.
WeeeZer14
Send a message