Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Who checks the map edits?

Post by pamount
With different users editing the maps online is there a governance process for checking the accuracy of the map edits? For example if somebody made some mistakes would the mistakes be picked up and corrected by somebody at Waze?
pamount

POSTER_ID:10866246

Send a message

Post by WindowDude
The system checks itself to some extent. I added some roads and evidently forgot to "allow" a turn. The next day, I noticed an alert where someone made a turn that was not allowed. :) I fixed it right there.
WindowDude
Send a message

Post by pamount
I was looking at updates to the map of Wallan in Victoria, Australia. The recent updates look good but I think older updates (to the west of the Northern Highway) look sloppy and incomplete. Although I am also asking the question as a general question.
pamount
Send a message

Post by overl0ad
I'm sure it's not a case of paving.

The roads are named and line up. They are just not connected by nodes. Or that they are clearly drawn, and not finished off.

Either way, I try to retain the original road if possible, but that's not always feasible.
overl0ad
Send a message

Post by overl0ad
it's little things like roads not connected at all.

or someone has tried to add a road, made a mess of it, and just walked away.

i know that there was discussion on how "you shouldn't delete someone else's work", but if i come across a random bit of road that's clearly out of place (like a 2M road on top of a hospital roof), i just delete it.

i try as much as to preserve the road if it's a little out of place, and just edit it till it fits.

i'm happy to take on more work (gives me something to do) but i need to be able to move up the ranks.

:)
overl0ad
Send a message

Post by overl0ad
i'm new at this, but let me say...

there are some people out there who shouldn't be allowed to update the maps.

it's taking me more time to fix the errors than it would to have started from scratch...
overl0ad
Send a message