These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Send Sounds Through Bluetooth

Post by gjgrosser
I use a Sprint Nexus S (Android) and love the app. But, when I go on trips with the family, my young daughter is also in the car. Sometimes sleeping, sometimes not. So, I have a Bluetooth ear piece for phone calls, music, etc. This also sends all voice alerts (turn-by-turn, weather, re-route notifications) through the Bluetooth when using the Google navigation app so it doesn't wake her up if she is sleeping. However, I noticed for some reason Waze still sends all alerts (same as above) through the phone speaker. No matter what I did it wouldn't send any audio through the Bluetooth.

I am not sure if I was doing anything wrong, but if I did please let me know. When checking the app where it has the check mark for sending audio through speaker I turned that off and it still didn't work. Is there anyway support can be added to send audio through Bluetooth?

For further app intel, there is no native android app for sending ALL audio through a Bluetooth so I use an app called BTMono which works great. Not sure if this is needed for programming...

Thanks for the help!
gjgrosser

POSTER_ID:830211

Send a message

Post by FrancescaGigante
I tried a lot of phones and in my case I found that:
- A couple of Android 4.0/4.1 (my husband) sends voice to speaker even if connected via Bluetooth (for us is good and is exactly what we want)
- A couple of Android 2.3.6 (mine) does not send voice to speaker when connected via Blueotooth even if I check to send voice to speaker.

Definitely I have 2 Android 2.3,6 (LG L3 and Samsung Galaxy W) and I WANT to send voice to speaker even if connected via Bluetooth because I use car bluetooth and I wand to listen the radio while driving, besides if I switch to the phone it stars playing music and just to listen direction I have to stop music.

I suppose that there is some problem on how the switch 'use always speakers' works and not works.

Thanks
Francesca
FrancescaGigante
Send a message

Post by GPS-Ken
Check: Settings -> Sound -> Route Sound to Speaker.

I have my Samsung Galaxy S2 connected via bluetooth to a device that retransmits the audio via FM radio to my car stereo.

Both music and Waze come through the car speakers. However, the music (Pandora) is loud and clear but Waze is low and distorted.

Ken
===
GPS-Ken
Send a message

Post by karl_db
I have the same problem. My S2 is paired with the Bluetooth and works fine, except through Waze.
karl_db
Send a message

Post by mleedham
Great question! Did you find an answer??
mleedham
Send a message

Post by TonyG-UK
My experience with this is that Waze will route to Bluetooth when the Bluetooth device supports A2DP, but won't when it doesn't.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK