These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Can't Find my location

Post by CarPoolDreamin
I recently upgraded to 4.1.1 as per my carriers suggestion on my galaxy S3. I then opened waze one day to get to work and noticed it couldn't find my GPS location with GPS on. I then went to google maps to find out that didn't work either. I changed the setting to allow google maps to work, but waze still doesn't find my location. Is there a setting I'm missing to get GPS to work for waze too?
CarPoolDreamin

POSTER_ID:9940874

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
What was the setting in Google Maps?

Have you complained to your carrier? They provide custom modifications to the Android OS for their network (and each phone) and since it broke Google Maps too, it's obviously a problem with their software.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CarPoolDreamin
AndyPoms wrote:What was the setting in Google Maps?

Have you complained to your carrier? They provide custom modifications to the Android OS for their network (and each phone) and since it broke Google Maps too, it's obviously a problem with their software.
I'm not sure how to complain to AT&T that waze doesn't work. It didn't "break" google maps just upgrading android OS had a new setting that I needed to enable for GPS locations to work. Google Maps does work now, but sadly waze is not getting the GPS location.
CarPoolDreamin
Send a message