Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

New user: Blank Live Map, Mobile Speed Cameras and more

Post by CptUndies
I'm new to Waze but already have grown to love it. Been using it for a few days now but had some questions and a couple of issues.

Live Map is blank for my city (Adelaide, Australia). I can search for it, it appears but there is nothing on the map. No streets, nothing except the ocean and the land. If I switch to update, it shows aerial photographs but no maps or other landmarks. When I log into the editor and click Drives it reports "We can't find any of your drives.". There are no roads shown on the map for my city. Sydney is also missing, Brisbane has some, Hobart is missing... When checking other cities around the world such as Los Angeles, it works fine. (I have checked this in both Chrome and FireFox with the same results)

On my dashboard page, it shows "Rank, last updated: 1.1.1970, 10:30", so that isn't updating.

Yesterday I was driving and noticed one of the many mobile speed cameras that operate in my city and reported it using the Camera option in the Waze client for Android. These speed traps are moved around frequently and are rarely in the same location for more than a few hours. Did I report it as the correct option or should it be reported as "Police" ? When I was on my return journey, the icon was on the map but there was no warning. By that time (3 hours later) the camera was no longer present. There is no way I can see to remove that icon from my client now.
CptUndies

POSTER_ID:14057182

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Log on to the correct server. See the Banks of Servers wiki page.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
CptUndies wrote:Yesterday I was driving and noticed one of the many mobile speed cameras that operate in my city and reported it using the Camera option in the Waze client for Android. These speed traps are moved around frequently and are rarely in the same location for more than a few hours. Did I report it as the correct option or should it be reported as "Police" ? When I was on my return journey, the icon was on the map but there was no warning. By that time (3 hours later) the camera was no longer present. There is no way I can see to remove that icon from my client now.
Yes, mobile cameras should be reported as Police. The Camera report is for permanent locations. The camera you reported should go away in the client in the next update cycle or two, but you will need to delete it in the edit map once you are on the correct server.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ