Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jasonh300
txemt wrote:I'm liking that I won't keep getting replies that say "thank you" to unlock requests, or update requests. I typically think there may be another problem when I see that I have an unread response to the forum thread I'm in.
Also, note that if you started a thread, you can mark the thread as "Resolved", which should come in handy for the Unlock Requests forum.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
jasonh300 wrote:
txemt wrote:I'm liking that I won't keep getting replies that say "thank you" to unlock requests, or update requests. I typically think there may be another problem when I see that I have an unread response to the forum thread I'm in.
Also, note that if you started a thread, you can mark the thread as "Resolved", which should come in handy for the Unlock Requests forum.
Okay...I posted this earlier, but can anyone figure out how the "Resolved" works? I flagged a couple in the Champs forum as Resolved earlier, but can't do it on newer posts. I wonder if they shut it off.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
twist3r wrote:I am using Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m and I can see the thumbs up icon right after the "Quote" icon.
Yeah, me too. You won't see it on your own post...only on other peoples' posts.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
WeeeZer14 wrote:I'm using Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 on Mac OS 10.6.8 and I can NOT see the thumbs up even after force reloading the forum pages. :?:
Are you running the Forum Cleaner script (Timbones)? I can't see the thumbs up at work, but I can at home and that's the only difference (although disabling the script doesn't seem to help either).

EDIT: Okay, disabling all scripts and clearing cache does nothing to fix this. I don't get it.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
dmcconachie wrote:Is it a www vs world issue? I always view the forum on www
I edited my last post...disabled all scripts and cleared cache...still can't see it. It was there at home.

I don't understand how Chrome can be so inconsistent between two different computers. I've always had problems with that. Various scripts don't run properly on one, websites don't display the same. And I can't find anything different between the two installs.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
And now I can see it. Don't know what I did though. :o
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
WeeeZer14 wrote:Finally got it to show up. No scripts that impacted the forum, but I turned them all off anyway. Restarted Chrome. Restarted the computer. Did a force reload with the keyboard. Did a force reload from the menu bar. Did a right click and selected "Reload" from the context menu. Did a right click and selected "Reload" from the context menu while holding shift --- and we have a winner!

No idea if that last method was the key or if it just requires you to force reload over and over. :roll:
For me it seems that it just took a long time to display the little graphic.

On the main pages of the forum, where it has the Thank you lists and the little stars next to them, I couldn't see the stars either until the thumbsup appeared. I thought maybe the Cleaner Forum script or Adblock was keeping them from loading, but it wasn't.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The only thing I see about the list is that it doesn't really provide any feedback about the content of the posts whatsoever. There are people who are going to thumbs up every post they read, and there are people who are never going to even think about hitting the thumbs up.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Umm...we have the Quick Reply feature. I saw it this morning.

EDIT: Okay...now it seems to be gone.

iOS Tapatalk 2 sucks.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Here's the quick reply...I knew I'd seen it somewhere. It only seems to be enabled in Administrative forums though. I'll get it put on the list.
quickreply.jpg
(12.13 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message