Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by nnote
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-111.9 ... s=71212664

hundreds of them... and not just in this permalink

and then an entire freeway got moved...

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-112.4 ... s=71429207

I took the chance contacting waze to see if they could revert. Dont know if it's possible though
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Territories Regional Coordinator : USA Champ : L6 State Manager Arizona

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png

Waze Arizona Twitter

Post by nnote
The highways, it was 2 lanes both directions. There is construction to split it into seperate NB and SB lanes, but the user just dragged the whole thing to the east where the SB lanes are going to be, and left nothing for where the highway actually is, instead of just drawing in the SB lanes and closing them off for the time being.

I've been in contact with ADOT to see if they can provide me a detailed map of whats going in there so I can redo it.

As far as the farm fields.. and railroad tracks also... I really have no words...
Been in contact with Waze to see if they can do a mass wipe. If not ya someone will need to go in and cleanup.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Waze Arizona Twitter

Post by nnote
Thanks Orbit C!
I got some info from ADOT, but not to helpful on the 303 situation.
I should have access to that area tomorrow so I'll start repairs, but if Waze cant revert the farm fields and 303 we will certainly need a strike team to hit the farm fields!
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Waze Arizona Twitter

Post by nnote
Looks like the farm fields will need to be manually deleted.
As far as the 303 highway.... argh! Not sure what to do here. It's a wreck and not sure what's going on over there.. I got access to it today but damn I haven't driven it in awhile and dont know what it's current state is.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Waze Arizona Twitter

Post by nnote
ItsEric has volunteered to keep up with the 303 highway.
I cant depend on GPS tracks being old or new or current so just gonna let ItsEric handle it. He lives out there and knows the area well.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Waze Arizona Twitter

Post by orbitc
nnote wrote:The highways, it was 2 lanes both directions. There is construction to split it into seperate NB and SB lanes, but the user just dragged the whole thing to the east where the SB lanes are going to be, and left nothing for where the highway actually is, instead of just drawing in the SB lanes and closing them off for the time being.

I've been in contact with ADOT to see if they can provide me a detailed map of whats going in there so I can redo it.

As far as the farm fields.. and railroad tracks also... I really have no words...
Been in contact with Waze to see if they can do a mass wipe. If not ya someone will need to go in and cleanup.
I'll gladly help. let's take a deep breath and wait for Waze if that "mass wipe" is possible.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
nnote wrote:Thanks Orbit C!
I got some info from ADOT, but not to helpful on the 303 situation.
I should have access to that area tomorrow so I'll start repairs, but if Waze cant revert the farm fields and 303 we will certainly need a strike team to hit the farm fields!
Again, I'll gladly help. Just let me know what you need. ;)
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
nnote wrote:Looks like the farm fields will need to be manually deleted.
As far as the 303 highway.... argh! Not sure what to do here. It's a wreck and not sure what's going on over there.. I got access to it today but damn I haven't driven it in awhile and dont know what it's current state is.
If you like to select and area or just to 4 points and say delete within it. I'll do that.
As far as the 303 goes. If you can drive there, maybe turn on "road mapping option" on your Waze?
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by PhantomSoul
Some other editors have argued that for roads which are on city borders (one city owns one-half of the road split down the middle), that we should set alternate names for the other city.
This is probably not so important now, since addresses are resolved through Bing, but ultimately when Waze itself can resolve addresses, it will somehow need to know that one side of the street is one city while the other side is a different city, since that will be reflected in the street's addresses.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
In New Jersey, we have to go by Postal City, or zip code boundaries, since township names can and do repeat across the state so long as their mailing addresses are unique to the state. A single zip code may be assigned by USPS to use only one city name, though the zip code can span several nearby municipalities - sometimes even in a neighboring county, especially in less urban areas.

Here, this is the more practical method anyway, since the City feature will most likely be used for address resolution eventually, making actual political boundaries (actual city limits, county lines, etc) less relevant than address zip code boundaries.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message