Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Thanks list

Post by razor2k
Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This could discourage others from participating at all.

Just my 2 cents...
razor2k

POSTER_ID:7339637

Send a message
Last edited by razor2k on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by jasonh300
vickimachado wrote:From my "Unclear on the Concept" File: What's the reason for the "thanks" lists, actually? Is it to make sure that the problems get some attention? This means that it's largely a competition for the Level 5s, because most of the problems posted require someone with countrywide editing access.

It's very possible I'm missing something here, in which case I'm hoping someone will explain this. In which case I will definitely thank you! ;)
I believe it was actually to assess the effectiveness of the admins and champs...at least, there was a suggestion as to such a thing a while back. I don't know if it is really going to work, considering if 100 people read the post, and 10 appreciative people give it a thumbs-up, the rating is only 10%, which in reality is pretty good, considering the way people browse through forums only half-way paying attention to what they're reading.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I have been using it to thank people who provide good responses to my questions and requests for feedback, or it is a very good point or information for all of us. I have not yet decided if I like it to replace the +1. To me the thumbs up is less visual when people read the thread, but the +1 is a significant note that the next person completely agrees. Maybe with time the thumbs up will be a good substitute for +1 and I will just accept it and move on. :D
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
txemt wrote:I like it, because you can tell who's active in the forums and responding to requests, too. Although there seems to be a race between myself, Orbitc, and Kentsmith9 on who can answer a request first.
Don't be sucking me into your vortex. I fold before the race begins. My full-time job and family is getting in the way of my Waze editing. :lol:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Machete808
From my "Unclear on the Concept" File: What's the reason for the "thanks" lists, actually? Is it to make sure that the problems get some attention? This means that it's largely a competition for the Level 5s, because most of the problems posted require someone with countrywide editing access.

It's very possible I'm missing something here, in which case I'm hoping someone will explain this. In which case I will definitely thank you! ;)
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by razor2k
txemt wrote:
razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.

Just my 2 cents...
Giddy up!!! :)
Can't help but to laugh at that response :lol:
razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
harling wrote:
razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.
It might also eliminate a lot of "+1"/"me too" posts.
Possibly...but not totally sold on that theory :? Does a "thumbs up" count as a post? Probably not, so if someone wants credit for a post in their stats they're going to post +1 or me too anyway.
razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
txemt wrote:I'm liking that I won't keep getting replies that say "thank you" to unlock requests, or update requests. I typically think there may be another problem when I see that I have an unread response to the forum thread I'm in.
Really?...I never have seen that as a problem, it only takes a second to check an unread response :?
razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
harling wrote:
razor2k wrote:Does a "thumbs up" count as a post? Probably not, so if someone wants credit for a post in their stats they're going to post +1 or me too anyway.
I'm not sure what kind of credit a "me too" post deserves in the first place. If you have a reputation for posting "+1" everywhere, having 1,000 posts in your stats doesn't mean much to anyone.
I agree with you 100% but at a glance how would one know the quality of posts made by an individual?
razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
jasonh300 wrote:Okay...I posted this earlier, but can anyone figure out how the "Resolved" works? I flagged a couple in the Champs forum as Resolved earlier, but can't do it on newer posts. I wonder if they shut it off.
Jason, I'm not really sure what is working and what is not anymore. Seems that this "Update" has really messed some things up (from my perspective anyway). Hopefully some of these issues will get straightened out tomorrow. I would have thought that this would have been a simple upgrade, but as we have seen in the past nothing is as simple as it seems when it comes to waze :roll:

As I stated in another thread, I'm going to take a deep breath (and stop complaining) and see how this plays out. I know they are trying their best but for the life of me I can't figure out their thinking sometimes! :?
razor2k
Send a message