These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Groups, Facebook, and iPhone

Post by spdorsey
Hello

I created a group. 2 questions:

1) Can I change the name of the group?

2) How do I set up a Facebook group so that the little Facebook button works on the Waze iPhone interface? I don't know what to type in the "Link" field.

Thanks

----------S
spdorsey
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:165956

Send a message

Post by alareth1976
can someone answer the second question?
I need that information too :?
alareth1976
Send a message

Post by brummygit
If you are logged into Facebook as yourself, go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/ and create a Page for your group. Then copy the main URL for that page up to, but not including, any ?ref=xxx entry and paste this into your Waze group. This is easier done via the Waze Dashboard than on the client.
brummygit
Send a message
Previous Waze username hodgetts

UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by Elgirts
Just a thought... are there plans for having a web based option for creating or editing of waze groups?
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by iKonixx
I can answer the first question because I had that problem. There is no way for a user to change a group name at present. I got around it by emailing alpha@waze.com and asking them to change it for me. Dror was kind enough to change the name for me.
iKonixx
Send a message
iKonixx

Area Manager: Dallas/Fort Worth TX
iPhone 4
ikonixx [at] gmail [dot] com

Post by The Fej
User dashboard now has web group connectivity so you can create and join groups via the web, regardless of device support (which is in the works and I hope to have initial beta versions next week).
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message