New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Postby myld » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 am

Google Navigation is only available in some countries, so that's not an option in Sweden for example.

A few posts back I said that I had no crashing problems with Waze, but this morning it did spontaneously reboot my HTC Desire with Android 2.2 and Waze 1.9.0.0 while it was in navigation mode guiding me to work (I was verifying a couple of roundabouts I had corrected in cartouche).
myld

Postby vikos » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:05 am

Hi,

for the guys who want to leave Waze: My suggestion is, to run it in background and use Google Nav instead. Thats the way I do it currently. Have not had a single crash running it in background, but a lot when I ran it in foreground.
You will at least gather data and can choose to take over a more active role once everything runs better...
I do not expect that Waze will be usable for the "big public" in Germany for the next one or two years, but at least I gather data and do updates in the editor from time to time. Navigation is still almost completely unusable here...

when waze reboot phone, its hard to run it on background :) so I am still try to found new users, but the are mostly on android and have troubles with app stability :(

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
:!: Než začnete editovat: :!:
* Waze Czech wiki / Editace / Značení cest / POI - překlad / video návody *

HTC Desire (Android 2.2) + Waze release 2.0.2.4 (Beta :) )
Area manager: Ostravsko, Opavsko a Frýdecko
vikos

Postby IvarKa » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Lot of crash reports here. Mine in just slooooow (HTC Hero 2.1). After clicking menu button or on the screen it takes 5-10 seconds before it responds. Phone and other apps are running ok.

Ivar
Area Manager Trondheim, Norway
IvarKa

Postby unwallflower » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:48 pm

I wonder if the crashing problems are related to specific phones.

I sort of suspect that the older, less powerful phones are the ones having the force close and crashing troubles. That would explain why my friend's G1 crashes almost every time he tries to use it, while my Evo has rarely crashed at all.
unwallflower

Postby tskramp » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:57 pm

unwallflower wrote:I wonder if the crashing problems are related to specific phones.

I sort of suspect that the older, less powerful phones are the ones having the force close and crashing troubles. That would explain why my friend's G1 crashes almost every time he tries to use it, while my Evo has rarely crashed at all.

Mine crashes on my Nexus One. Not that often, but usually after it reboots my phone, when I try and start waze up again when it comes back up, it then reboots 5 seconds after opening waze. so I generally just don't use waze again during that drive.
Area Manager: Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, Summerville, Hanahan SC
Phone: Nexus One (Froyo)
Waze 1.9.0
tskramp

Postby gerben » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm

unwallflower wrote:I wonder if the crashing problems are related to specific phones.

My G1 caused to crash a lot (some app only crashes, but also total phone crashes). The last month, GPS reception became worse and worse. First I thought the GPS problems were cause by my new car but after I did a factory reset because of another problem, evering is running a lot smoother, even though I've reinstalled almost all my old apps. Crashes are now incidental in stead of 1-2 times a day.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby FreeMan12 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:11 am

That's a very good point. The only issue I've had is rebooting the phone if I get a phone call while I've got waze running. Usually, it's a couple of minutes into the call, so, if I remember, I've got time to shut down waze & continue the call. I'm running an HTC Incredible, stock 2.1. Hopefully, people are submitting the error reports to waze, they're looking at them, and are gathering some useful data from it.
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana
FreeMan12

Postby grebble » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:30 am

unwallflower wrote:I sort of suspect that the older, less powerful phones are the ones having the force close and crashing troubles. That would explain why my friend's G1 crashes almost every time he tries to use it, while my Evo has rarely crashed at all.

Well I have an HTC Desire which is certainly not older or less powerful, and I have problems with stability. As I think I've said before, if I turn the auto-brightness off, it's better, but still crashes occasionally in navigation.

I am looking forward to a new version in the hope that it's more stable, which the devs have been saying will come out 'any day now' for the past three weeks. It's particularly irritating to see iPhone users being given brand new versions and features all the time, yet us lowly Android users can't even get a stable bog-standard version to work with. :cry:
Area manager: East Northants, West Cambs and Peterborough, UK
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.4), Waze v3.0.2.8
grebble

Postby rcocchiararo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:17 pm

i changed my moto milestone (2.1) which was ok for waze (it did crash, froze phoen, etc), but now i changed to a nexus one with android 2.2, and i can use waze for a while, then it reboots my phone, and i cant use it anymore, cause it reboots all the time :/
rcocchiararo

Postby vikos » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:33 am

rcocchiararo wrote:i changed my moto milestone (2.1) which was ok for waze (it did crash, froze phoen, etc), but now i changed to a nexus one with android 2.2, and i can use waze for a while, then it reboots my phone, and i cant use it anymore, cause it reboots all the time :/

its 2.2 problem, i have i too on my desire - so i am waiting for a new version :)
:!: Než začnete editovat: :!:
* Waze Czech wiki / Editace / Značení cest / POI - překlad / video návody *

HTC Desire (Android 2.2) + Waze release 2.0.2.4 (Beta :) )
Area manager: Ostravsko, Opavsko a Frýdecko
vikos

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements