Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

What's editor rank 2 currently?

Post by mssusa
Sorry, only link google returned is for a private subforum (beta testers if I remember correctly).

I ran into an editor with rank 2 today in WME (that is "editor_name(2)"). I thought 2 is not being used? (and no it is not IGN). What caught my attention is that finally someone new here was top scorer last week and it is our friend here. He must be completely new because it seems he doesn't know about Area Management. I can't find any of his edits to see if it is worth approaching him about AM. I only found him through a new traffic camera.
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:2802848

Send a message

Post by jonypony
That's right, if you see level-2 editors - they're Israeli users who were recently merged into the INTL database.
We'll soon finish the merger and adjust the editing-levels accordingly.

-Yonatan
jonypony
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/3/35/Jonypony.png
Waze so serious?

U.S.A./Canada/South-Africa/Australia community Manager
Waze Community & Support

Post by maantje76
L2 is a new rank that allready exist in the database. In the future it will be used for editors that aren't AM. So you start as L1 and after x edits you become L2.
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Current L2's you see are merged israelian users. On intl it's not used but will be soon as part of a new permission system.
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by mssusa
maantje76 wrote:L2 is a new rank that allready exist in the database. In the future it will be used for editors that aren't AM. So you start as L1 and after x edits you become L2.
Thanks maantje. I thought so, but never found anything in the documentation. Is it a new thing, like a step in revising the locking system, or an old thing that I just never ran into before?
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Can't be an Israeli, this is Saudi Arabia. This user has been around for a while here; I've sent him a PM months ago because he broke a major highway and he was level 1 back then. It must be an X number of edits (5k? 10k?).

I'll PM him anyway. May be we have a good editor in the making.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message