Post by razor2k
txemt wrote:
razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.

Just my 2 cents...
Giddy up!!! :)
...And they're off!!!

Thanks Toplist

enhket (17), houstonmg (13), txemt (7), cherianchris (7), shirlig (5), andrex77 (4), AlanOfTheBerg (4), maantje76 (4), xteejx (3), harling (3)
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by scarlogarcia
I also use this to be updated with what some Champs has thanked and been thanked. It is a good way to "sift" whole forum for important questions.
scarlogarcia
Send a message

Post by twist3r
I am using Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m and I can see the thumbs up icon right after the "Quote" icon.
twist3r
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by txemt
razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.

Just my 2 cents...
Giddy up!!! :)
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
I'm liking that I won't keep getting replies that say "thank you" to unlock requests, or update requests. I typically think there may be another problem when I see that I have an unread response to the forum thread I'm in.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
But when you have 15 of them awaiting to be checked to make sure nothing else is wrong with the area I fixed...
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
razor2k wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Okay...I posted this earlier, but can anyone figure out how the "Resolved" works? I flagged a couple in the Champs forum as Resolved earlier, but can't do it on newer posts. I wonder if they shut it off.
Jason, I'm not really sure what is working and what is not anymore. Seems that this "Update" has really messed some things up (from my perspective anyway). Hopefully some of these issues will get straightened out tomorrow. I would have thought that this would have been a simple upgrade, but as we have seen in the past nothing is as simple as it seems when it comes to waze :roll:

As I stated in another thread, I'm going to take a deep breath (and stop complaining) and see how this plays out. I know they are trying their best but for the life of me I can't figure out their thinking sometimes! :?
Let's get back to editing the map. :D
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I noticed this....

Since the change in the forum, I can't seem to find any AVAILABLE help requests in the US, now. It seems like there really is a "race" to see who can get the most "thanks."
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
jasonh300 wrote:
I believe it was actually to assess the effectiveness of the admins and champs...at least, there was a suggestion as to such a thing a while back. I don't know if it is really going to work, considering if 100 people read the post, and 10 appreciative people give it a thumbs-up, the rating is only 10%, which in reality is pretty good, considering the way people browse through forums only half-way paying attention to what they're reading.
I'm sorry....you lost me after "100 people". :D

I like it, because you can tell who's active in the forums and responding to requests, too. Although there seems to be a race between myself, Orbitc, and Kentsmith9 on who can answer a request first.
txemt
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
I'm using Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 on Mac OS 10.6.8 and I can NOT see the thumbs up even after force reloading the forum pages. :?:
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator