[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov 2013

Postby sketch » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:13 pm

I've also heard "10m" mentioned for U turn prevention. So that could be it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov 2013

Postby Timbones » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:15 am

I've uploaded the beta version of this script to UserScripts.org for all Firefox Users. Version number upped to v1.7.4.
Chrome users should uninstall the old script (v1.7.1 or older) and get the new one from Chrome Web Store (v1.7.4).

Links in the first post (and in the Wiki) have been updated.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

[UPDATED] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.8 Feb 2014

Postby Timbones » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:50 am

Updated script for Firefox uploaded to UserScripts.org.
New version will appear in Chrome Web Store shortly (auto-update)

Changes:
- made to work in new WME version (please report issues)
- traffic lock highlight option now available in main WME, but is not available in all countries yet
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

[Script] WME Color Highlights (2.4)

Postby Thangorodrim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:52 am

If there was a feature I could add to WME Color Highlights, it would be to add a large red (or other color of the user's choice) bullseye or halo (like the way Validator highlights segments) over filtered Place Points - something larger than the Place Point icon.

For example, I am working on changing "Greater XXXX Area" city names to just the city name, "XXXX." Because of the zoom level/layer refresh, Place Points do not always appear, or do not get highlighted in yellow as they should. So, Places that have the erroneous city names slip through the cracks, so to speak.

A highlighting tool like this would be, in my opinion, solid addition to the options available to editors.
Thangorodrim
Area Manager
Area Manager

[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Postby Timbones » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Here's my script which adds color highlighting to segments and landmarks according to their status and type. The highlighting of segments is likely to be most useful, for it shows locked and un-named roads (with many other features since the first version). Click on the link below to see full changelog.

[ img ]

:arrow: Firefox: Install WME Color Highlights* script at Greasy Fork (older versions here)
:arrow: Chrome: Install WME Color Highlights extension from the Chrome Web Store.

*Firefox users will need to install the Greasemonkey addon first.

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb 2013

Postby jasonroseweir » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 am

The "St" in "St Davids Dr" should have a full stop - i.e. "St. Davids Drive".

There's a long-ongoing issue with the Text-To-Speech system where it's supposed to pronounce this as Saint, but sometimes decides to pronounce it as Street.

Current UK thinking is that we should still be putting "Saint" as "St." and hoping that HQ can sort out the TTS problem properly.

[EDIT] The Scottish are a devout folk - you'll probably have lots of "Saints" around.

Ah-hah! That makes sense. Well spotted. :)

Also, looking back at my earlier screenshot, that street was also a "St" street name.

Cheers!

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:FYI, this segment needs to be fixed. It makes a "loop" but it's a single segment which wraps back on itself with only a single junction. It should be straightened out and made into multiple segments. Also, why are there so many restricted turns on the roundabout there?

Yeah, I noticed that, there are lots of segments like this around my local area. I intended to start a project to clean them all up.

The roundabout you mention, I think that was a failed use of the WME Junction Fixer script on that node. Sorry about that, I'll tidy it up just now....
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager

[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb 2013

Postby pjlasl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Appreciate all the hard work you put into this.
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

[Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - v1.6.2 Apr 2013

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 am

The single question mark possible at each end of a selected segment denotes that the turns from that end of the segment are unlocked. It is not, as noted above and many other places, specific to any turn. It's all or nothing.

It is not "on" the uturn or any other turn. It is for all turns.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts