Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonroseweir wrote:I am now sometimes seeing a dotted orange line, when I have the No Name (Orange) option selected, on segments that appear to be correctly named.

What does this represent?
I'm not totally sure, but I believe that dotted/dashed lines signify an alternate name. So Orange dashed would be a No Name alternate name, which can likely be deleted as it serves no purpose.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonroseweir wrote:I have checked out another example of this, as far as I can see, the segment has not got any alt names. :?

Permlink: https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... =124084401
I can't see the details on the world server, but I do see the dashed line. Tim? :)

FYI, this segment needs to be fixed. It makes a "loop" but it's a single segment which wraps back on itself with only a single junction. It should be straightened out and made into multiple segments. Also, why are there so many restricted turns on the roundabout there?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:This is an undocumented feature (easter egg) for UK editors to indicate that the road names have incorrect or missing abbreviations. As Iain correctly pointed out, the dot was missing from "St".
Sneaky sneaky.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:Is routing still broken for segments ≤15 m long? If so, it'd be nice to have a highlight for segments equal to or less than 15 m in length.
Is that different than the feature which disallows routing on short segments (10m) to prevent u-turns?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kpouer wrote:Now segments have a rank, so I thought it could be interesting to highlight roads with a high rank (for example only level 5 roads), it could show the skeleton of an area.
The script already highlights locks based on the road rank (if not locked) or the user rank (for locked segments). Are you asking that there be a selector for minimum locking level?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The script already adjusts the width or opacity of the highlight according to lock level I thought?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
iainhouse wrote:
charleskelso wrote: Lastly: RevCons? SelfCons? Can someone tell me what these terms mean?
Have a look at http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=42562. I posted an explanation earlier today.
Even better: the documentation in the Glossary. :shock:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'd still love to see WMECH stop highlighting selfcon. It seems like an "error" when there really isn't.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
iainhouse wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I'd still love to see WMECH stop highlighting selfcon. It seems like an "error" when there really isn't.
I have to disagree with this one. Selfcons allow the client to act in an unacceptable way.
Selfcon is the way Waze is defining uturn on a 2-way segment. I'm suggesting that when u-turn functionality is released into the production editor, that this feature be removed from WMECH as too many people will think it is something to fix, when it isn't always needing a "fix."
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
iainhouse wrote:First of all, we need to be told. This is the first I've heard that this behaviour might be deliberate. Of course, it might have been discussed in the champs forum, or I might have just had my head up my ass (happens frequently :lol: ) and I missed it.
It's in beta test, and like all things there, they aren't announced right away but are slowly leaked. @WazeMapping tweeted it too.

1. Agree. This is the way it is going to be, and why I posted my request for wmech to be updated (maybe I should have put it in the beta forum only...)

2. Yes.

3. Agree, but not sure this is any different than other turns. Once set by an editor (locked, not a soft turn), they shouldn't be auto-updated.

4. The app should update near the same time the routing server is updated. Right now, there is no u-turn instruction, so both need updates to handle it gracefully.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message