Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by karantechie
Can you check the genuinity of map edits done by user name aaravi, level 3 editor, Where ever this user has found green color on map, marked as park, plantation, mango garden , garden, Am sick of seeing multiple links on Bangalore, if one or two, i can report the permalink, but not dozens, i think you guys can check all the edits i guess, if not i shall work on reporting links .

Am not against any one's points or level, but at the same time i wish to make Waze a better community with out fake entries just for the sake of level up and points.
karantechie
Send a message

Post by karantechie
Hi,

Am editing the area of Murdeshwara,Karnataka, I found this segment showing wrong name as kuttipuram, kerala, How to rectify this ?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... 57&env=row
karantechie
Send a message

Post by karantechie
Chris / Lunarplexus

Can you guys check this ?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=0&lat ... ks=2900617

How can some one mark sea and forest with out any name, description , no address, Whats the use of such land marking , i do not understand

Cheers
Karan
karantechie
Send a message

Post by karantechie
Chris and abhi
Just curious to know what makes people to just mark and write nothing, nothing personal , thanks for the explanation, Sure will give my best
karantechie
Send a message

Post by karantechie
Hi,

I drove bangalore to tirupati via mulbagal, palamaner, chitoor , Am not able to edit palamaner, This section is not getting highlighted in editable area, Do guide me, Am able to edit mulbagal, chitoor and other places via.

Regards
Karan
karantechie
Send a message

Post by lunarplexus
violetprime wrote:Hi Chris
I have got a problem. I have been adding landmarks for a while now & while adding a GAS STATION i have to choose a brand & only one of'em can be chosen. The problem is many petrol pumps in Delhi have started CNG outlets in the existing petrol pumps. So my question is how to add two brands in a single gas station so that users can also know about the CNG pumps which is within a petrol pump ???
Hi Violetprime,

I would recommend you add the details of the primary brand of the gas station and include "Petrol & CNG Station" in the name or description. Of course, many Indaprastha Gas stations are next to regular pumps so you can add them as a separate landmark.

Chris, do you agree?

All the best
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus
Level 5 Editor | Area Manager: New Delhi NCR | Country Manager: India
Platform: iOS on iPhone 14

Post by lunarplexus
violetprime wrote:hi lunarplexus

i have been doing the same as you suggested, have been adding it in the description. I wanted to know if its possible if the feature of adding two brands in one could be added...

BTW, Chris told me that you are from Delhi too...
Righto! Issue sorted :) And yes, I am in Delhi. I've also started a group on Waze called Waze India Delhi NCR where you can join in and discuss any other problems or suggestions you may have, on the fly.

Or, of course, this forum is always there. :)
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus

Post by lunarplexus
karantechie wrote:i have spotted a user land marked many places just as other and no name no description, what should i do with that ? few i deleted, but few the map level is being locked, Dont know why the heck they do these sort of things
This is because these landmarks have been imported from Google when the base maps got changed. I would advise you not to delete them. Instead, try and find out these venues and put in the details. And if it's a park, Mark it as such.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus

Post by lunarplexus
Well, if someone is doing this on purpose, tell me the name of the user and send me a permalink of a venue he has done this to. Again, do not delete the landmarks. Change the details and save them. If you like, Let me know once you've done them so I can lock the changes. Do you know how to send a permalink?

lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus

Post by lunarplexus
Sure. In the editor, go to the location you are referring to. Then, go to the bottom right hand corner of the screen and you'll see a tiny image if a chain link. Click it. The screen will refresh. Then, just go to the address bar of your browser and copy the link and past it to this forum.

lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus