Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Voice directions start in middle of route & other voice issu

Post by ehwj
First let me say that I have read countless threads in forum and wiki to no avail. Using iPhone 5, Waze has developed voice navigation problems. Most of the time when I select a route and click Go instead of opening voice instructions I get a voice question: "How can I help" Unless I am going to work or home there is no voice command to actual destination so I remain silent. The voice repeats saying I can't hear you and then says "cancelled" and no directions follow. If on the way home I reply "Drive home" and the response is "I couldn't hear you say again". This repeats and finally voice says "cancelled".
Sometimes this happens and then somewhere in the middle of the route the voice commands pick up. Makes no difference whether bluetooth is on or off.
When I first started using Waze everything was great. I even wrote raving review in iTunes.
It's to the point that my wife will not let me use Waze when she is in the car and I'm left with Apple Maps or Google. I want Waze back.
ehwj
ehwj

POSTER_ID:12542895

Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
I see this remained unanswered.
It is likely ASR that keeps activating die to the phone being in close proximity to your body.
Go to Settings, and then voice commands and ensure you only activate the 3 finger tap method.
This way the light sensor would not trigger voice commands and irritate your wife, and and you can happily use Waze again.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing