Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

How to Edit or View a Favorite's Address

Post by VegasBuck
I can't seem to open the address details on my existing "Favorites". I need to copy some of the addresses from my old phone with a separate Waze account and it seems pretty impossible. Any tips?
VegasBuck

POSTER_ID:2289045

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
markg42 wrote:I've been playing with this today, and as far as I can tell, the current Waze app on iOS 6.1.2 offers no way to edit or even display the address of a favorite. All you can do is move it around in the list. Bummer.
Yep, that's pretty much it. For now.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by gettingthere
Why do you have two Waze accounts?
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by infolock
Are you serious??? Waze developers - for all the "great" things you all have done with this app, not providing a way for us to view the "address" of a saved Favorite is a ridiculous missing feature. Its something that you would expect from a crappy novice app - not an app such as Waze.

This is stupid and needs to be fixed.
infolock
Send a message

Post by jimbo-111
I have a decent list of addresses and cannot see my details, both in top list and favorites.

The closest I can get is on some favorite destinations to click the arrow -> More -> Show on map. Most say a street and range of numbers, some say Street without name, and on some, only the city it's in.

It would be nice to get the exact details to display somewhere after storing an address.

I am running Waze 3.5.1.0 on iOS 6.0.2. I tried reinstalling the application and nothing changed on this issue.

* In regards to your directions above, on the main page of a stored favorite it simply says the name, under that the distance away, and under that the map
jimbo-111
Send a message

Post by markg42
I've been playing with this today, and as far as I can tell, the current Waze app on iOS 6.1.2 offers no way to edit or even display the address of a favorite. All you can do is move it around in the list. Bummer.
markg42
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
If you use the same account the favorites should load from the server.

Otherwise, you should be able to get addresses from favorites that are actual address location save, and not hold and save locations, or poi searches (as those are just stored as gps points)

You didn't mention what platform or version you are running, so at least on the iPhone.

Menu->Navigate->Favorites->click the right button on the line you wish to view.

If it has an address it will be display below the name of the favorite.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by vince1612
infolock wrote:Are you serious??? Waze developers - for all the "great" things you all have done with this app, not providing a way for us to view the "address" of a saved Favorite is a ridiculous missing feature. Its something that you would expect from a crappy novice app - not an app such as Waze.

This is stupid and needs to be fixed.
You are replying to a thread from 2012-2013 about Waze v3.5... :roll:

Make sure to check the dates of previous posts you read.

Current help about editing a favorite : https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262565?hl=en
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png