Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Introducing myself

Post by Unholy
Hi mates,

Following the reorganization of Waze's community world wide, I wanted to introduce myself formally.
My name is Ori and I am the community manager of Czech and Slovak community, along with other communities world wide.

Just to make thing more formal, I want to share with you a questionnaire in which users can suggest themselves or other users to the roles of coordinators and / or experts.

Please fill out the questionary until Monday February 4th.

I will publish the results and introduce the "elected" experts and coordinator by Thursday February 7th.

Thank you all!

Ori
Unholy

POSTER_ID:94248

Send a message

Post by Zirland
fotrik wrote:My membership request for the Social Media expert group is still pending.
http://www.waze.com/forum/memberlist.ph ... group&g=31
How?
Zirland
Send a message
"The Wazebrity"

Post by Unholy
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have the results!

Slovakia:

Coordinator: guri211
Editing Expert: porubcan
Localization: foxitrot
Social Media experts: guri211 and suik

Czech Republic:

Coordinatos: Zirland
Editing Expert: libora
Localization: fotrik
Social Media expert: fotrik

Mutual Experts (Slovakia and Czech Republic):

Client expert: porubcan
iPhone expert: Ginbook
Android expert: guri211
Beta editor expert: foxitrot
Navigation / Routing expert: vlado_s
Points expert: foxitrot

Thank all for your participation!
As I met most of you, and had long correspondences with all of you, I know that I will continue to enjoy working with you all.

Thanks!

Ori
Unholy
Send a message

Post by Unholy
Hi,

Agree - We will elaborate on the community reorganization goals, methods and add explanations.

Thank you for your feedback!

Ori

foxitrot wrote:
porubcan wrote:I would add my understanding of expert's subjects, please correct me if I miss some point:

Client - ...
IOS/android - ...
Editing - ...
Beta editor - ...
Navigation - ...
Points - ...
Social media - ...
Localisation - ...
Ori, I think that Waze should catch on this list, possibly revise it according to own plans and enhance any missing expertises, and add it to the main Community Reorganization article. I'm sure it would clarify a lot for many readers.
porubcan wrote:Hope I got it right.
I believe you did an excellent summarization!
+1
Unholy
Send a message

Post by Unholy
Hi,

When we say "Client" expert, we basically mean "Waze app" expert (rather than someone who wants to be "Editor" expert).

When we say iOS/Android expert, we're looking for die hard iOS or Android fans, which are more familiar with the operating systems and devices.

The Czech and Slovak community is light years ahead of most communities around the world - I am proud to say that you guys are one of the role models for other communities.
So basically what I say is, that in your case, the community structure is already here, we're just making it formal.

Ori

porubcan wrote:Hello Ori,

it would be very helpful, if someone give us quick overview of each expert's subject.
for me it is not clear what is the difference between client/iOS/Android experts, etc.
some basics regarding the subject and also regarding requirements on those who would apply for the subject would be gladly welcome.

Shirli also informed about "local champs", but there is no way mentioned in questionnaire to apply for this.

thanks
Unholy
Send a message

Post by porubcan
porubcan wrote:Just for message from Ori. All CZ/SK expert's group memberships are supposed to be granted.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
reading above again, it is not clear what I was trying to say. so re-wording.
All experts and coordinators agreed in this topic before are supposed to be members of proper forum groups and should have access to Expert's sub-forum
This sub-forum is divided into several other sub-forums - per domain (Client, Android, iOS, Editing...) with separately managed access rights. Client, Android and iOS experts have shared access to each other.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Waze Beta Tester