The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by TonyG-UK
iainhouse wrote: At the centre of this permalink at minimum zoom, you can see the city name "Crockenhil" - missing an "l". If you look across to the east you will see "Park Langle" - missing a "y" and part of the "e". Both cities are in fact correctly spelled and will display correctly at higher zoom levels. They are not being truncated at the same number of letters and not at the same pixel width.
This has always happened, and is in some way related to tile boundaries (I believe).
TonyG-UK
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK

Post by twist3r
I can't see it anymore too. It seems is not only on INTL but on NA server too.
twist3r
Map Raider
Map Raider

Post by twist3r
Any official statement about these issues ? There's almost 24h since the problems appeared and I didn't see anything from Waze on status webpage.
twist3r
Map Raider
Map Raider

Post by twist3r
I'm sure it wouldn't be so hard to announce somehow (fb, twitter, forum) about this problem. Even if there's weekend there, I'm sure there are people out there who are still working. In the morning there were announcements on twitter accounts, and few minutes ago waze mapping support twitter posted something.

I see a lot of topics opened about these issue on different sections, thing that could easily be avoided if someone from Waze posted some info about the problems.
twist3r
Map Raider
Map Raider

Post by petervdveen
twist3r wrote:I'm sure it wouldn't be so hard to announce somehow (fb, twitter, forum) about this problem. Even if there's weekend there, I'm sure there are people out there who are still working. In the morning there were announcements on twitter accounts, and few minutes ago waze mapping support twitter posted something.

I see a lot of topics opened about these issue on different sections, thing that could easily be avoided if someone from Waze posted some info about the problems.
Friday in israel is lik sunday in europe.
On Saturday sometimes some people are available indeed. On fryday no one is available.
Just like most companies in europe are not available on sunday.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by shirlig
kpouer wrote:It seems there was a rollback, on the server, some edits I did yesterday were cancelled, and saving has no effect (no I'm not in demo mode).

edit: it seems it is at least 48h rollback for edits I did in Paris.
kpouer - can you please provide specific examples? we need segment ids or specific lon-lats.
shirlig

Post by petervdveen
aigarslv wrote:NA MAP ROLLBACK TO FEBRUARY, 22 2013 11:26 UTC ;(
That's the NA server ;-)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by porubcan
shirlig wrote:
kpouer wrote:It seems there was a rollback, on the server, some edits I did yesterday were cancelled, and saving has no effect (no I'm not in demo mode).

edit: it seems it is at least 48h rollback for edits I did in Paris.
kpouer - can you please provide specific examples? we need segment ids or specific lon-lats.
hello, I made separate thread for this as I think it is separate issue: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 28#p374514
couple of examples given in it.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Post by shirlig
Hi guys,

Here's a status update about this problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Shirli
shirlig