Forum Problems

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Forum Problems

Postby deeggo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:32 pm

So, you are the forum-software-upgrade experts since the reorganization? ;-)
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby steveningelbrecht » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:05 pm

I am getting emails again, since 2 days... At first they started getting in my spam box of gmail... signing them as no spam, rerouted to my general mailbox again.
Normally i go to world.waze.com/forum . Once i went to www.waze.com/forum . I don't know if these are mirrors or something, but for me it looks this visit was a turning point...
I never unsubsribed and resubscribed, so don't guess this had something to do with my situation.
steveningelbrecht
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby twist3r » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 am

Where is that post from Waze saying that they are fixing it ? All I see is this topic but no word from Waze on it. They've locked the topic about the Forum update even if some users have posted after the lock was set. That last post is great ... it's telling how great is the updated forum. While regular users are keep posting on this topic with dozens of problems. This is no way of keeping users happy.
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby petervdveen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 am

deeggo wrote:This whole forum upgrade is one big mess imo, couldn't login for days, all kinds of functionality is broke and no word whatsoever from Waze. When will they learn not to test on live systems? Ugh, don't answer that last question...

We made a list with error points. There working on it to fix all those points.
I don't think they should make a comment on every point that's being reported.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 am

davipt wrote:I'm getting emails, but I've noticed the following: you'll receive an email from the forum thread, and if you don't click on the link, on the next new message you'll receive an email from the forum itself, stating no more mails will be sent for that thread. This is all ok, but I've seen cases where I didn't see the second email anywhere on my inbox, but did stop receiving updates from that thread. The thread was still marked as subscribed. Had to unsubscribe and resubscribe.

so
1. after two new messages, the forum stops sending emails
2. these two emails may get lost somewhere
3. a thread showing subscribed doesn't mean the forum didn't decide to give up.

Before the upgrade the forum emails came through as you described. Once you went to one of those forums and read the last post it seems to clear/reset the email tracking so you would get a new email for that thread after the next forum post.

Currently I am getting zero forum emails and zero PM emails, yet both are getting new messages.

I am trying a test on this forum thread. I cleared the tracking for this one and resubscribed. Maybe they all need to be reset. I will report back either way. For the missing PM emails, I will probably try the same thing to reset the desire for getting those notifications.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:58 pm

My captcha problems have been gone for a while now. *knocks on wood*

However, my Tapatalk list of favorite/subscribed forums does not highlight forums with unread messages in bold anymore, like it used to do. I have to go into each forum to see if there's anything new. Anyone having the same experience?

Second thing with Tapatalk is now that regularly a "could not connect to the forum" popup shows up while reading a thread or writing a reply, where obviously I'm perfectly connected. I wonder if it has to do with the previous problem.

Last problem: I have never seen any thanks button on any thread in TT. I'm on Android, latest TT version.

This whole forum upgrade is one big mess imo, couldn't login for days, all kinds of functionality is broke and no word whatsoever from Waze. When will they learn not to test on live systems? Ugh, don't answer that last question...
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm

My issue with the e-mails are only for PMs. I don't have it set to send me an e-mail for subscribed threads, as I'd be getting hundreds per day. As it is, I get a dozen PMs a day sometimes.
jasonh300

Postby davipt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:No spam here either. The e-mails just stopped coming.

+1
Spam clear. No emails for inbox or forums I am following. Confirmed they are still marked as being followed.

I'm getting emails, but I've noticed the following: you'll receive an email from the forum thread, and if you don't click on the link, on the next new message you'll receive an email from the forum itself, stating no more mails will be sent for that thread. This is all ok, but I've seen cases where I didn't see the second email anywhere on my inbox, but did stop receiving updates from that thread. The thread was still marked as subscribed. Had to unsubscribe and resubscribe.

so
1. after two new messages, the forum stops sending emails
2. these two emails may get lost somewhere
3. a thread showing subscribed doesn't mean the forum didn't decide to give up.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 pm

jasonh300 wrote:No spam here either. The e-mails just stopped coming.

+1
Spam clear. No emails for inbox or forums I am following. Confirmed they are still marked as being followed.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm

No spam here either. The e-mails just stopped coming.
jasonh300

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General