Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
shawndoc wrote:
kodi75 wrote: Presumably a good portion of the house numbers on the older streets are set / were imported with the help of the geocoding sources. Undoubtedly they need to be tweaked - prompted by UR's.
Why, they aren't currently used by Waze search?
It's been posted about already: the search engine and app functionality aren't built yet. It's in process.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
iainhouse wrote:Assuming that u-turns can also be "soft" or "hard", I think the only realistic solution is for Waze to run a cleanup and change every soft-allowed u-turn back to soft-restricted and then stop soft-allowing them. That will preserve all the hard u-turns presumably set by editors..
Please remember that ALL turns at the end of a junction are either locked or not. You cannot have a "soft" u-turn and others locked (hard) at that segment end. If the turns are locked, so is the u-turn. If the turns are unlocked, so is the u-turn. It's an all-or-nothing proposition.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
When the uturn feature was enabled in the editor, there was no change to the data anywhere. Any selfcons which existed before would now show as an allowed uturn, whether locked or unlocked.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The single question mark possible at each end of a selected segment denotes that the turns from that end of the segment are unlocked. It is not, as noted above and many other places, specific to any turn. It's all or nothing.

It is not "on" the uturn or any other turn. It is for all turns.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ncc1701v wrote:Please keep selfcon highlighting. The statistical correlations are pretty clear in my mind. That may be because whenever I see strange problems I look for them, but I usually find them. Thanks.
Just remember that if you remove it, you may likely be removing a uturn that an editor enabled on purpose and that's the same as restricting a valid turn.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
iainhouse wrote:
doctorkb wrote:I wouldn't start calling them "locked" or "unlocked" -- because that will confuse younger editors who see the "Lock" button and think that's how to lock turns/junction. I think "soft" and "hard" are the unique identifiers that everyone understands.
You're not wrong! I must admit I'm following AlanOfTheBerg's phraseology there - because I'd be crazy disagree with him. :lol:

Even though I think it sounds a bit wrong, I could live with calling them soft & hard junctions.
Yeah, I should probably fall in line with the common terminology. The boolean value in the model data which is loaded into the browser is called fwdTurnsLocked (A end) and revTurnsLocked (B end), so that's what I revert to sometimes when having more "technical" discussions. :mrgreen:
iainhouse wrote:I'm sure Alan will be along in a minute with his opinion, a better argument and to point out whatever other confusion I've introduced. ;)
So predictable... :D
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Laakkus wrote:I was wondering if it is possible to add the possibility to highlight segments which have house numbers added? Me thinks there is a need for such a feature.
I believe Tim is looking into this. Right now, there is a property which should be available for us to use for this purpose, but it doesn't look like it is being properly set.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
tonestertm wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to have CH indicate segments stacked on top of one another, especially when they're both set at the same Road Level.
I think I've asked for this before too. :) I'd love to see both a "conflict" checker (which is pretty advanced as the code must figure out if two segments overlap: not a trivial matter to code), and a level display: where each level is a color of the rainbow and I can scan for overlapping same colors.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gohamstergo wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think I've asked for this before too. :) I'd love to see both a "conflict" checker (which is pretty advanced as the code must figure out if two segments overlap: not a trivial matter to code), and a level display: where each level is a color of the rainbow and I can scan for overlapping same colors.
you may already know about it, but there is a script that shows levels, but it does conflict with this script.
One of these scripts for levels needs to be incorporated into WMECH.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Haydenray wrote:I am running v 1.6.2 of the Highlights script.
Chrome has caused the problems. See the WME Toolbox thread for links to new versions. Earlier in this WMECH thread is also a link to the "official" v1.6.4
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message