These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Event Pop Up Reports not popping up

Post by
am using a Samsung Galaxy S3. I recently updated Galaxy S3's firmware to latest version. Using Android 4.1.2. After I did that I don't receive pop up reports anymore when vehicle is stopped. I used to receive them before firmware update. I miss the pop up reports.
I also updated Waze to latest version yesterday. But still no pop up reports. I have tried all settings to no avail.

How do I get pop ups to pop up again?
Please help.
Thanks in advance for your help.

POSTER_ID:14251987

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
world_5kq7t35o wrote:Ah. Ok. Now I know. Thanks. I will now stop fiddling with the settings. I hope they fix the problem soon. Imiss the pop up reports.
You are a rare person then, indeed. :D There are hundreds of posts about how much people HATE it and that they stopped using Waze and went back to Garmin or Google Maps because of it.
It's a crowd mentality. Those that are happy sit quiet. Unhappy voice their opinion. Traffic alerts is what brought me to Waze. Make it configurable and everyone will be happy.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Known issue. Lots of posts about it already. Waze changed the feature and it's controlled on the back-end more than the front-end now. The "event radius" feature will change eventually to reflect this.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
world_5kq7t35o wrote:Ah. Ok. Now I know. Thanks. I will now stop fiddling with the settings. I hope they fix the problem soon. Imiss the pop up reports.
You are a rare person then, indeed. :D There are hundreds of posts about how much people HATE it and that they stopped using Waze and went back to Garmin or Google Maps because of it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I verified yesterday that I have On Route selected in Event Radius, that I had 3 traffic alerts in my On Route Reports list, and that when I was stopped, I received no popups.

I also consequently verified that Waze is, as suggested in another thread, posting slow traffic alerts for streets connected to the street which is slow. The map doesn't show a slowdown, but the Reports list does.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
fabryx73 wrote:The 3.6.0 version is out.
I'll try on next minutes using the route functions to go home and I'll report my feedback this evening.
I really hope the issue is solved :|
Bye
Nope, and you posted as much already in the 3.6 feedback thread. I do not believe this is an app issue, though. It makes more sense that this is a back-end/database/query problem. I bet the app just displays what the server tells it to.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
nyyanks wrote:Any update on this?
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 38#p358338

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by fabryx73
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Yes, but if many people would like to not have the report, the solution should be to add a configuration setting allowing the report popup feature to be enabled or disabled, and not to disable it to all users!
Anyway, Waze without the popup is very less helpful when you drive in cities where you don't setup a route everytime.
fabryx73
Send a message

Post by fabryx73
It seem that developers and or moderators reject the possibility of a simple bug in the new popups algorithm. I really don't understand why they change this feature. The only needed options was the checkbox for enabling/disabling the popups, and nothing more.
fabryx73
Send a message

Post by fabryx73
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I verified yesterday that I have On Route selected in Event Radius, that I had 3 traffic alerts in my On Route Reports list, and that when I was stopped, I received no popups.

I also consequently verified that Waze is, as suggested in another thread, posting slow traffic alerts for streets connected to the street which is slow. The map doesn't show a slowdown, but the Reports list does.
The 3.6.0 version is out.
I'll try on next minutes using the route functions to go home and I'll report my feedback this evening.
I really hope the issue is solved :|
Bye
fabryx73
Send a message

Post by fabryx73
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Nope, and you posted as much already in the 3.6 feedback thread. I do not believe this is an app issue, though. It makes more sense that this is a back-end/database/query problem. I bet the app just displays what the server tells it to.
If it will be needed, I'll report this irritating issue every day until a developer will say: "yes, there is a problem with the APP and I stay day and night awake to solve it instead of playing with useless Facebook features"
fabryx73
Send a message