These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CBenson wrote:I was wondering why I'm not seeing any roads marked as slow despite a ton of traffic pins on the map this morning. I now see Menu>Advanced>Data transfer>Download traffic info is unchecked. Is this unchecked by default?
Shouldn't be. Did you perhaps do it to stop the "when stopped popups"?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:Perlin, I am not seeing a reply button when reading a private message in the client. This is on the Samsung Note 2 Tmobile 16 gig edition.
It's only currently (should be!) on the original popup message, not in the inbox.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
pvaladares wrote:Just found out it is possible to show the current GPS coordinates.

The setting is available in the 'preference' file.

Code: Select all

GPS.Show coordinates: yes
Yep
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Autourdupc wrote:Found that Zoom level is not good when in navigation.
Even when I modify zoom level to zoom in, it change itself and go back to a zoom out level too bad !
Isnt' that because you have autozoom on? Or if not, then yes, I consider it a bug that zoom changes even in manual mode.
Autourdupc wrote:And also, streen names are misplaced on route !
In this case, I can't see where i should turn.
Yes, that is bad, and the road name should be aligned the other direction. In autozoom mode, as you get closer, the map zooms in and the name no longer will cover the intersection (usually).
Perlin has acknowledged a few times that placement of the street names in purple will continue to be tweaked in future versions.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
skbun wrote:New message received as an Android notification that I've not seen before...

'Cue the trumpets! You were the top sco...' (I can't see the rest of the message because it cut off in the messages notification list, but, I'm guessing it has something to do with scoring in the previous week)
"Cue the Trumpets" is quite an old-style message. It used to appear every Tuesday morning for the Top 3 Wazers in each "area." This was turned off some time ago and hasn't been seen since. It could definitely be part of some testing they are doing for a future update.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
skybounder wrote:Since v3.6, my Event Notifications dont pop up when stopped. I have events set to 25km radius and if I manually go to the Reports - I can see the events.

So how do I make them pop up when stopped?
Our ability is more limited at this time/version: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 38#p358338
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
skybounder wrote:Thanks Alan. If I understand it correctly - I should still see nearby events, but at present getting none. When I have a chance, will review via the reports menu and see if there should be some popping up.
I've received something like 4 traffic popups when stopped at a light since December. It's very limited. And to add to this information, Light and Moderate traffic reports are filtered out completely. This should be finally documented somewhere. But it's a feature in transition and not sure if the FAQ is the right place for it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jay185 wrote:i just did. i did the 2##2, it went to debug mode, reproduced the problem and sent the logs through the waze app. is that right?
Yes! (Nice work!) Post the date/time you uploaded so Perlin can connect the logs with the issue.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
porubcan wrote:Text misaligned if nickname :-) is too long in portrait
What is misaligned? All I see is that the name has wrapped, which is what should happen.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Long-term road closures (greater than a few days) should be handled via the editor: roads disconnected at each end from the rest of the road network. This is covered in the wiki documentation.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message