Forum Problems

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Forum Problems

Postby crazycomputingdotnet » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:40 am

jasonh300 wrote:I also just noticed that the post count in my dashboard hasn't increased since the day the forum was upgraded.

This never made it on the list maantje76
crazycomputingdotnet
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CTCNetwork » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi,

Almost every time I log in I get:
"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below."
This despite this is my first attempt to log in. Worse, without changing the password I go through the palava of the Captcha and get logged in...

The forum also suffers that age old issue with domain and cookies (I am sure you can read up on this one on the phpbb forums).. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby CTCNetwork » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi,

I seem to have an issue with my forum account. This is, apparently, my second post, I have sent no messages and received none and I have no signature.
BUT I DO!!!!

Would this be related to installing the new app and then changing what I though was my nickname (but is my username) and back again?

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby CTCNetwork » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi,
sketch wrote:
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

I seem to have an issue with my forum account. This is, apparently, my second post, I have sent no messages and received none and I have no signature.
BUT I DO!!!!

Would this be related to installing the new app and then changing what I though was my nickname (but is my username) and back again?

Des. . . ;)

Yep, that's right. Unfortunately changing your username doesn't play nice with the forums. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about it.

Yes, I notice that my "old" account exists with what was (nearly) my nickname.
Dumb.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby CTCNetwork » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:37 am

Hi,
jasonh300 wrote:
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,
sketch wrote:Yep, that's right. Unfortunately changing your username doesn't play nice with the forums. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about it.

Yes, I notice that my "old" account exists with what was (nearly) my nickname.
Dumb.

Des. . . ;)

Wait, so are you the same CTCNetwork that has been around for several years? What exactly happened here?

Yes! I certainly hope so.
All happened when I installed the new Waze version where it asked for the user name. My confusion about there being no nickname for registered users and changing the username to the nick name (which was taken) My old account is now Wonk0TheSane and has all posts, messages, siggy etc.

If I was an admin I'd use the phpBB Support Tool and merge this account with the other and then rename the account to this name.... :)

To whom should I direct a request for this?

Des. . . :)

PS: Mod can remove the link if required.
CTCNetwork

Postby CTCNetwork » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi,

I have popped him a PM. Let's see.. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby CTCNetwork » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately there is nothing he can do about this. Anyone who has also had this issue will need to raise a support call with Waze support to merge your forum accounts (if you end up with 2 of them) and then all should be Ok. Which has now been done for moi. :)

Unfortunately it looks as if any thanks you have got are then gone... :( Although if you merge the new one into the old (renamed) one I suspect you keep your old thanks count and old forum id.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Re: Username reverted to temp ID, can you fix?

Postby CTGreybeard » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 pm

davipt wrote:Have you tried the "delete all board cookies" on the bottom of the forum page, and then log back in again with the new account?

BINGO! You get the prize. The cookies were the problem. I had done that yesterday but in a different browser. I'm back to "normal" now.

Thanks!
Bill W

Home: Bethel, Connecticut

CTGreybeard
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby CTGreybeard » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 am

I tried to upload a screen grab into the USA Update/Unlocks Request forum tonight and even though the screen shot was <200k I got the error: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Sometimes it is necessary to show what it is we are looking at and uploading a small screen shot is useful for that.

Why is there some limit on what we can upload? Especially in an editing forum where we are all trying to improve the product?

Inquiring minds would like to know ...
Bill W

Home: Bethel, Connecticut

CTGreybeard
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby davide7O » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:30 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
The problem is that tapatalk doesn't reject it. It lets the post go through and messes it up. On the web forum, it stops you from posting.

Via my iPhone 3GS.

So, how could we do if tapatalk shows just one quote? Remember every time to look through quotes? There aren't other ways?

Inviato con Tapatalk
Davide <-- click here for FB

ImageImage Image↖ Docs Waze Italia
Country Manager Italia, Mali
WME βeta Tester (Chrome in Windows 8.1 mode)
Waze 3.9.3 on LG G3 with Android 5.0
davide7O
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General