These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by autourdupc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Wanted to alert for road closure... Unable to select the correct street closed !
Red arrow is the exact position of road closure.
It is currently designed that you can only close a road connected to the one you are on. It doesn't actually make sense to close the road you are on, because clearly it isn't closed: you're driving on it.

We asked for other ways to close streets, including those further away by the tap-hold method. Perhaps in the future we'll be able to close streets in more ways, but this is the only way for now.
Of course I'm on the road... The road is not closed at the beginning but in the middle... And it is when I encountered the Closed section that I wanted to report that the road is closed from my position !
Closing an entire road is not a good solution. In my case one can drive on it till it find the real closure. A closure can be at the end of a very long road !
And if Waze take care of house numbers to route someone to a destination, maybe the destination can be reach on a road partially closed at its end.

This was the case for me !
Because of roads constructions, I was not able to reach my destination because entire roads were closed... And it was not the fact !
I had to use google navigation to reach my correct destination.
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
Still have Zoom issue like previous version (in manual zoom setting).
Waze change zoom level. It zoom out sometimes and do not restore previous zoom level.

We need to have an indicator on the screen with actual zoom level. So we can find when zoom is changing by itself !
Very boring this zoom bug, too old now !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
davipt wrote:
mjt543 wrote:I'm going to add the +1Million for adding back the dedicated Foursquare checkin button. If Waze is supposed to create as hands-free of a navigation app as possible, why make me punch three or four times to get to that feature, and even then, it's so far from the Foursquare-style checkin option we saw in previous Waze versions.
Waze is a navigation app, not a foursquare app. The foursquare checkin is still there, but exactly where it's meant to be - available only when you reach your destination, or available when you want to *share* your destination.
+1 - Waze is a navigation app !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
1) When in landscape and wanted to send a report for map problem, then going to portrait, there is no "Send" button available !
We must go back to landscape mode

2) After sending the report, nothing tell me that my report was correctly sent. I did not get the "Report successfully sent" message.
Screenshot_2013-03-08-07-52-54.png
(86.89 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Still have zoom zooming out automatically even when set manual.
When using navigation I'm unable to set zoom level. It change by itself and zoom out to a value that i consider not usable for me.
I would like to have zoom level value displayed on the screen.
I would like that this bug should be corrected asap !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Found that Zoom level is not good when in navigation.
Even when I modify zoom level to zoom in, it change itself and go back to a zoom out level too bad !
And also, streen names are misplaced on route !
In this case, I can't see where i should turn.
Screenshot_2013-03-11-14-12-52.png
(130.12 KiB) Downloaded 761 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Found that Zoom level is not good when in navigation.
Even when I modify zoom level to zoom in, it change itself and go back to a zoom out level too bad !
Isnt' that because you have autozoom on? Or if not, then yes, I consider it a bug that zoom changes even in manual mode.
Autourdupc wrote:And also, streen names are misplaced on route !
In this case, I can't see where i should turn.
Yes, that is bad, and the road name should be aligned the other direction. In autozoom mode, as you get closer, the map zooms in and the name no longer will cover the intersection (usually).
Perlin has acknowledged a few times that placement of the street names in purple will continue to be tweaked in future versions.
I'm always in manual zoom !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
I found that zoom level is changing by itself when refreshing the screen.
(my setting is autozoom OFF)
Picture on left : I set zoom in to maximum
Picture on right : 28 secondes later, after a screen refresh, zoom have zoomed out.
As you can see, I was stopped on the road.
Image1.jpg
(101.62 KiB) Downloaded 985 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
petervdveen wrote:No button:
--> Turn in landscape mode :roll: :roll:
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
In this version, when there is a networks problem detected by Waze (not by other apps on the phone), we can try to send a report, get the boring message "Unable to send report, please try later", and we still earn 3 points.
This morning I tested 4 times. The first time, I got 6 points, and the last 3 times I got 3 points per try !
No screenshot available because the file was corrupted during transfert.
autourdupc
Send a message