These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I really really dislike the non-switch of day/night mode when Waze has been running for more than 30 minutes before the time to switch. The way this is currently set up makes no sense to me.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I thought I read that from Perlin a few versions ago.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Confirmed.
perlin wrote:
Shorty-CM wrote:How long had it been running before it crashed? I've noticed it sometimes doesn't change to night mode, and usually it has been open for quite a while when it doesn't switch. It's been doing that for quite a few versions, now.
It won't change to night mode if you started the drive over 30 minutes before sunset.
From the ios 3.5.1.993 beta thread, posted Dec 31, 2012.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Dave2084 wrote:Why would anyone want that? :?
Totally do not know. It's never been explained. I had it happen to me yesterday. Very annoying.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:I've noticed over the past 2 or 3 days, that when I pick up editing candy, the old blaring trumpet sound is back, rather than the much more pleasant sound that we've had for the past few months. What's the deal with that?
I've reported that in the past, too. That the sound for the candy keeps changing from the trumpets to the softer tinkling one.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AggieJM wrote:Another issue I noticed on my drive last night.
It would seem that the correct behavior should be to keep focus on the closest report and only switch as you pass that location (after a few seconds) so that the report can be cleared or thanked if necessary.
Yes. Known issue. Unknown if Waze wants to bother fixing it at this time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by aziwoqpd
Anytime I try to share my location via text message, Waze tries to send the text message via iMessage, even for contacts that have never, ever had iPhones! Which causes the text message to fail to send.

Turning iMessage off completely seems to fix it, but that doesn't seem the best solution..
aziwoqpd
Send a message

Post by bdcheung
Foursquare checkin button has disappeared. There is no apparent mechanism to check in via foursquare, even though my account details have been verified in the Social Networks segment of the Settings.
bdcheung
Send a message

Post by cmezriczky
A triple Muting solution (Voice Guidance, Warnings, none) would really be helpful...

Also since 3.5 waze has lost my prefered Routes and is not reestablishing them any more...
cmezriczky
Send a message

Post by cmezriczky
I have some Feedback on 3.6:

-Get rid of animated Windows. They only produce load to the device without being a real feature. If you got a lot of windows opening the same time, the device is no longer very reactive or crashes. Quick reaction on Inputs is a safety relevant feature, since inputs distract from driving and the shorter the distraction the better...
-Stability when entering routes: Very frequent Crashes when entering a destination (Probably when Waze tries to suggest a destination at the same time you enter a different one)
-Better UI for adjusting Mute all, Mute Warnings, Mute directions.
-Prefered Routes no longer work.
cmezriczky
Send a message