Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Waze on two devices?

Post by SoCalBaby1
Hi! I'm a long-time Waze user and have a high ranking. Used my iPad for all Waze travel. Now that I have an new iPhone, can I link all my information to the iPhone and keep my ranking?
SoCalBaby1

POSTER_ID:14432535

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Also, keep in mind that favorites will not sync automatically between devices. If you find you want to manually sync favorites, use the search code ##@restorefav.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by gmccaber
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Also, keep in mind that favorites will not sync automatically between devices. If you find you want to manually sync favorites, use the search code ##@restorefav.
That search code works fine. Many thanks
gmccaber
Send a message

Post by Ramin74
How and where did you use that search code?
Ramin74
Send a message

Post by SoCalBaby1
Thanks Weezer! That's exactly what I needed to know. :D
SoCalBaby1
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Kind of a necro-post, but the search codes are entered in the search bar and then you tap the search button.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by WeeeZer14
Just sign in to Waze on your new device with your existing username and password. It may take up to a week for the new device to "see" your points so you will start as a baby wazer again. But it is just temporary until everything catches up.

Oh, and NEVER run Waze on two devices at the same time with the same username. Both will get confused and won't work well.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Also, keep in mind that favorites will not sync automatically between devices. If you find you want to manually sync favorites, use the search code ##@restorefav.
And one last gotcha... the favorites will be restored based on what is on the Waze servers which may or may not match up with what is currently on your original device. Usually you will get a bunch of favorites you deleted in the past, and the order will be all mixed up.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator