These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by autourdupc
Still have issue "Are you experiencing a traffic jam", even if I juts reported a traffic jam !
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
Hi Perlin !
When do you think we will get the report for "Vehicule stopped on road" on the client ?
This should be very usefull !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
When will Waze enlarge "close buttons" on all the pop-up or Windows ? And will enlarge other fields like "My direction, other direction" ? Or the top-right part of some Windows to go back to the map ?

When driving, it is not easy to press too small parts of the screen... Consider the phone is at 50, 60 or 70 cm away from our eyes... Not so easy to read texts and tap exactly on right place of the screen !
When driving, we are not in the same use as you, devs, who are seated on your chair with the phone at 20 or 30 cm away from your face, with a desk that do not move at all, and do not need to watch the road while tapping on the screen !

Take a look at "Coyote" in France, buttons are big, at bottom of the screen when reporting !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Yesterday, I got a vocal alert "Accident ahead", without pop-up, nor bubble on the map.
(see picture).
Tha accident was located according to the red arrow.
When I came near the location of the accident, the map got the bubble !
This is not the first time that an alert is only vocal without pop-up !
Screenshot_2013-03-21-17-57-49.png
(173.21 KiB) Downloaded 2719 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
ENHANCEMENT :
Can we imagine the bubbles for traffic jam could be smaller than other bubbles ?
Most of the time, bubbles on the maps are for traffic jam, and sporadically, others are for danger on road. It would be better that danger are bigger than traffic !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
1) The message is not correctly sized for the device screen. There is a horizontally scrollbar at bottom. Text should be splitted in 2 lines !
2) This error message is when I try to access a message !
Screenshot_2013-03-25-07-51-37.png
(18.33 KiB) Downloaded 2812 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
FEATURE REQUEST : Save location when quitting Waze :D
This could be helpfull to store the location when quitting Waze, so we can retreive our car easily. And also we could add a note and/or take a photo !
- When quitting Waze, automatic location saving... Only a question "Do you want to take a picture and/or add a note ?" - This could be like a report with a countdown on the "No" answer.
- When starting Waze again, we could have a question like : "Do you need some help to go to your car ?" With a countdown on the "No" answer.

Look at this screenshot from other application. The car location is stored and visible on the map.

Note also Perlin : Take a particular attention to the buttons on the screenshot... They are correctly sized for a standard human ! Bigger enought to be used correctly, and not too large against rest of texts on screen :twisted:
Screenshot_2013-03-25-13-27-46.png
(221.11 KiB) Downloaded 2193 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Hey !
This week-end, just after starting Waze, I saw a message on a black bubble "There are 127 wazers near you".
I'm not connected to any social network...
Is this a new functionnality ?
This was a very nice message... Should be displayed more frequently... But we need to know the radius for the count of "wazer near me". If the radius is 15 km, I don't care of the message. If the radius is 1 km, it start to be interresting !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Mike-1323 wrote:I'm not sure of the radius either, but i know that it is large since I usually see numbers in the 2000-4500 range. It may not be a radius around your current location but rather a count of wazers in a defined area that includes your current location.
It is useless and unnecessary !
Please dev team, focus on useful functionality ! And don't waste time for this kind of stuffs !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
A new planet discovered by Waze :o
Yesterday evening, just before shutting down Waze, I saw on the map a rectangular icon like an arrow with a picture of a Wazer inside it.
I clic on it and the map changed to this...
I was able to zoom in/out and move the map... Nothing else on the "new map" !
And after pressing the target icon, the map came back to standard.
Screenshot_2013-03-28-18-56-17.png
(28.23 KiB) Downloaded 1135 times
Screenshot_2013-03-28-18-56-50.png
(31.5 KiB) Downloaded 1133 times
autourdupc
Send a message