Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Gas Station - Update Prices

Post by shirapashu
Hi all,

In order to optimize the Gas Stations feature, we need your help to set a range of gas prices that could make sens for each of the four different fuel types in your country.

This will allow us to prevent users abuse of gas prices and / or drastic mistakes.

Please fill this form, and with this information we can monitor the real fuel prices locally.

Thank's for your help :-)

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:13382665

Send a message

Post by shirapashu
ivarpty wrote:Hi

In Panama, we recently change the measuring system and now we are fully metric, so now gas is sold in liters instead of gallons, how can we change the this in order to report gas prices, because the app keep expecting the price in gallons.

thanks

Ivar
Hi,

Please send me the current prices at Panama, so we can update them.

Thanks,

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
Hey,

I fixed the form now :)

Tnx,

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
Thank you Scarlogarcia & GPSRitter

:D
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
xteejx wrote:Done. Thanks Shira :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Xteeje, you are great!

:)

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
xteejx wrote:For the UK the range for Unleaded, Super Unleaded and Diesel should be 89-180. For LPG should be 40-130.
Should cover us for a few years without being excessively stupid and should avoid incorrect button presses o the first digit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Hi xteejx, if you fill the data in the form.

Thanks!
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
gerben wrote:LPG prices can be very different around here. I have seen them aslow as 65 cts, way below Robin's minimum...
That's the reason there will be a wide rang, after we will get all the prices from the users, we can set a reasonable rang that would be suitable.
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
robin1979 wrote:
shirapashu wrote: We want the range to be set for a minimum of 1 year, that why we prefer a range.
Which is exactly why you don't want to set a static range. Nobody here can look into the future in such a volatile market as it is today.
We will also take a safety range, and of course if there is a need we can always change the price manually.
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
porubcan wrote:

Any suggestions regarding reporting the prices range? Would you like to report current real min/max prices or the range, that would allow price changes over a time.

Examples. Most common fuel in my country (95-grade unleaded (AKA natural 95)) costs currently 1,469 € up to 1,529 € per liter, when checking nearby stations. Diesel is around for 1,404 to 1,449 per liter. Two-three years ago diesel costed ca. 1,150 in average. So ca. >25% raise.

So what would be appropriate to report for 95-grade?
A. 1,469 - 1,529 and you will set wider range upon your general rules.
Or
B. 1,350 - 1,700 - range allowing price changes according to my judgement.

Would you expect more replys from one country? How would you resolve differences? Maybe this questionaire should be for CMs only. (just thinking loudly)

Thanks for clarifying.

Br
Stefan

if it looks strange, it's my phone's fault
We would like you to report on the range as you suggested.

We will expect to get more than one replies from one country, so we can valid the results, the final result will be approved with the local CM.
foxitrot wrote:
how often do you expect (or will allow) Waze countries to modify these ranges? If e.g. twice a year would be appropriate, then we could set the bounds tight enough (+- 0.20-0.30 €), in order to prevent mistypes and/or abuse, and regularly update them as necessary. Otherwise the bound are, IMHO, useless, especially in the mentioned form 1.000-2.999.
We want the range to be set for a minimum of 1 year, that why we prefer a range.
davipt wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Hello Shira,

IMHO the "makes sense" is more about preventing people from entering values by mistake - forgetting the first 1 for example - than trying to prevent people from entering fake values on purpose. Hence my proposal (for my country) for the 1-2.99 to prevent an invalid left-side euro digit by mistake. It has happened to me sometimes, instead of 1.469 the 1 fails and I just notice when I see the 4.69 lacking the third decimal digit.
Exactly! :D thank you for clarification!

Thanks

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by sehvn
Email addresses seems to be public:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YadrXl ... wanalytics

Please fix this.
sehvn
Send a message