Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CBenson
I was wondering why I'm not seeing any roads marked as slow despite a ton of traffic pins on the map this morning. I now see Menu>Advanced>Data transfer>Download traffic info is unchecked. Is this unchecked by default?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
CBenson wrote:I was wondering why I'm not seeing any roads marked as slow despite a ton of traffic pins on the map this morning. I now see Menu>Advanced>Data transfer>Download traffic info is unchecked. Is this unchecked by default?
Shouldn't be. Did you perhaps do it to stop the "when stopped popups"?
No, hadn't adjusted my settings at all since deleting the beta and installing 3.6 from the Play Store. I was just going through the settings to change the defaults to my tastes and noticed this was unchecked. I've not before intentionally unchecked this selection.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
In responding to the thread here I entered waze as the mapping app to route to a location found in the yelp app. As noted there waze started on the search screen for the address of the location found in yelp.
Now every time I start waze, it starts at the search screen for the address I selected in yelp.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Nacron wrote:Having so much issues with play store version vs the last beta.
Didn't think there was a difference.
perlin wrote:
darkneon wrote:Are there any changes in this release compared to the latest beta?
Nope.
Nacron wrote:Traffic layer does not even show up for me.
My setting Menu>Settings>Advanced>Data transfer>Download traffic info was off. Is your's on or off?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
The new closure feature failed me this morning as explained in the Road closure discussion thread.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
The road closure feature failed me again this morning as discussed in the road closure discussion thread.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
perlin wrote:Well duh, of course we won't let just one user to be able to close roads for all others. We've set up a special configuration - a set of rules - that determines how this feature should behave - it evaluates the user's rank, the number of closure alerts that have been reported and it also takes under account the road type (2 users with low rank will be able to close a street but not a freeway (just an example)).
Duh? This seems utterly backwards to me. If you are dealing with a freeway that normally has many tracks and there are none, it seems that one low level user report of a closure should be sufficient to confirm that the freeway is closed. Seems to me you would need need more user reports to confirm that the little used street is actually closed. Are you not using the real-time traffic data in this "special configuration"?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I had some issues with the add-a-stop feature last night. When I reached the stop, waze informed me that I had reached my first stop. I then need to deviate from the route line to the garage entrance at the stop. When I did this waze repeatedly informed me (by voice) that I had reached my destination and spoke the destination address (this is the ultimate destination, which was miles away). I entered the garage, lost GPS and network connection and shut down waze. When I started waze back up waze correctly automatically routed me to my ultimate destination. Logs were sent after the restart about 7:30 EDT (23:30 GMT) March 13, 2013.

The good news is that I added the stop midway through my route which I had shared with my wife. She saw that waze was not routing me the shortest way home, decided we need to have pie for dinner yesterday, called in an order for pizza along my route and called me to tell me to pick it up. Thus, the added stop.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
trixieindixie wrote:I have tried to make a report using voice commands - just a simple "heavy traffic." I did this while stopped in traffic with no ambient sound inside my vehicle. I tried speaking at different volumes and speeds, and every single time, the app responded that it "could not hear" me and subsequently canceled the report function. I tried over and over, every way I could think of. Any ideas? My other voice activated apps all work fine.
I have this problem as well. Nothing I do can get the voice commands to hear me. Voice recognition by tapping the microphone to input a navigation destination or annotate a report works fine.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CmbtEngr
Foursquare button needs to come back. If for no other reason than it is convienent and often works faster than the actual Foursquare app. Like others have mentioned, I don't navigate to every stop I make, I know how to get to work and the grocery store and whatnot, but I use Waze to help me navigate the traffic. The Waze app doesn't always recognize when I stop so the ability to check in to a location is diminished.
CmbtEngr
Send a message