Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Display current street name.

Post by nicktwigg
Hey folks. Just started using Waze. Its the only routing app so far that has routed me my own way home from a known location, which is much more efficient that other routes other navigation devices choose, so kudos to the Waze team for that!

1 quick question though. I often drive around with the app open, with no specific destination. I appreciate I may be in the minority here, but I can't seem to find a setting which displays the current street name in an easy to view location. Sometimes its at the top, others the bottom, and sometimes obscured by my car indicator. Is there anyway to have the current street name permanently on display at the top or bottom of the screen? If not, is there anyway I can suggest this to the programming team as an option?

Thanks again,

Nick

P.S The instructions for changing usernames don't seem to work for me. It won't let me do anything on the app about my world_6nynub1y username, nor the site here. A brief browse through the forums shows this to be a possible problem, but the online support docent mention anything of it!

Thanks again,

Nick

*edit - forgot to mention, I'm on iOS!
nicktwigg

POSTER_ID:14449149

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
This has been requested a few times...

As for your user name, go to http://world.waze.com/support and search "username" without the quotes. There are directions to change your username there.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by fabio656
world_6nynub1y wrote:Hey folks. Just started using Waze. Its the only routing app so far that has routed me my own way home from a known location, which is much more efficient that other routes other navigation devices choose, so kudos to the Waze team for that!

1 quick question though. I often drive around with the app open, with no specific destination. I appreciate I may be in the minority here, but I can't seem to find a setting which displays the current street name
I AGREE
fabio656
Send a message

Post by nicktwigg
Thanks for the reply, but the option to join isn't present in my waze app.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Nick
nicktwigg
Send a message