Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by schwartzmonkey
How do we get new version, i show no update yet :(
schwartzmonkey
Send a message

Post by selectormoldy
mrtiger wrote:
Watt25 wrote:
damaniac wrote:Hi,

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

PS: Trying the alternative login screen doesn't work too.
Same problem here with version 104 and 105 too.
Same here.
Also having this problem in .105 - and it appears that the "Loading" box is stacking on top of itself numerous times. I can hit the back arrow a number of times until it lets me click a field on the Facebook page, but it won't accept hardware keyboard input nor does it bring up the software keyboard.
selectormoldy
Send a message

Post by shalafi
1.8.99.11? It was .101 yesterday and the link is still for .101 .. am I missing something?
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
You can back up your favourites easy enough. The file is "/sdcard/waze/history". There's the search history, favourites and saved places, all in one file. Back that up (somewhere other than in the waze directory, it all gets deleted) and copy it once you do a fresh install.

Anywho, both of the exit buttons crash here too. And locking the phone with Waze running crashes Waze AGAIN! I thought you had that one sorted out two or three times already :|
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
The Fej wrote:An alternative way to edit a road is by pressing it and choosing the properties option in the screen that opens. That enables to update the street name.
Clicking OK in that properties screen you mention always crashes waze, regardless of whether I enter anything in the fields or not.
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
"* Gracefull exit on shared library failure"

oh my, thanks heaps for this. :D and goddamn samsung for screwing that library up .. at least now it doesn't lock my phone up anymore, thanks Waze :)
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by StefanSarzio
I've got that too.

What bothers me more is that Waze hangs and needs to be force-closed when you de-activate car mode from the notification bar.
StefanSarzio
Send a message

Post by StefanSarzio
alex wrote: Version 1.8.99.105 ( http://tiny.cc/1899105) is supposed to resolve this issue. We'll appreciate your feedback,
Hi Alex, it didn't work out. I've sent a log.

Thank you for looking into this!
StefanSarzio
Send a message

Post by StefanSarzio
I've heard of similar reports with the touchscreen that were not specific to Waze, but related to the phone being docked (or was it when on power?!). Do you use a dock? Is the phone powered? Could you test without the power cord attached?
StefanSarzio
Send a message

Post by StefanSarzio
alex wrote:
StefanSarzio wrote:What bothers me more is that Waze hangs and needs to be force-closed when you de-activate car mode from the notification bar.
Version 1.8.99.105 ( http://tiny.cc/1899105) is supposed to resolve this issue. We'll appreciate your feedback,
It still doesn't work in 1.8.99.106.
StefanSarzio
Send a message