Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dadudaa
I just noticed the same this morning. It doesn't show 60 mph (jumps from 59 to 61 and back) and 38 mph. There may be more "gaps" on speedometer but I happen to notice these two only. I have Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the latest wase app.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
fvwazing wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Since it was brought up in a beta thread, I think by bgodette, regarding knots-to-km or miles conversion: it still isn't fixed. It remains impossible, as it has since at least 2010 and probably since the first version of Waze with a speedometer was released, that certain speeds will never display in the app. 60mph is one of those values.
Not fixing this will definitely render every attempt to implement those average-speed-cameras futile.
At the meetup, bgodette was fairly certain he's seen 60MPH on Android recently. I have set cruise control and for a distance of 3+ miles, only saw it bounce between 59 and 61 but never 60. bgodette also mentioned that the issue could also be if Waze isn't getting the current speed from the GPS/location services in 1/10ths of a meter precision.
dadudaa
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
I'm sorry to say that there is a critical flaw in iOS6 which Waze suffers from ... Apple Maps.

Under iOS6 the GPS position passed to it by iOS is stickied to roads on apple maps, so where they are out of date Waze has problems :cry:

Full details of my investigation and discussion here:
iOS6 Does Not Provide True GPS Location to Waze
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
Tile rendering errors are back not seen these for quite a while!

I am on the a46 major highway, however it's drawn to the left of the route and my car.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/19/de4udame.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/19/be3yvy2u.jpg

Not sure if its related but these tiles are subject to the iOS 6 GPS error bug too.

[Edit]
I'm not the only person seeing this:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&l ... TTTFTTTTFT
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Why would anyone want that? :?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
When someone solves one of my UR's, sometimes (but not always) the Push notification goes to my Wife's iPhone 4 as well as my 4S. We are both logged into different Waze and Facebook accounts. :?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
davipt wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:When someone solves one of my UR's, sometimes (but not always) the Push notification goes to my Wife's iPhone 4 as well as my 4S. We are both logged into different Waze and Facebook accounts. :?
Yet another bug to be fixed ;) You've logged in *once* with your account on your wife's device and now Waze backend still has her Push-UDID on the list to be pushed. :(
Indeed, it used to by my phone.

This is kind of like the bug apple had when iMessage was introduced in iOS 5. I wonder if the current owners of the two iPhone 4's that I had changed under warranty get Waze push intended for me too?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by db869
The audio controls have changed significantly and not in a good way. For example, in the previous version I would mute navigation, but it would still tell me about police, accidents, traffic, etc. With the new version I had an extremely quiet drive to work, but not in a good way. I unmuted Waze, but was inundated with "Turn left..." prompts. I know how to get to work and don't want to hear these prompts.

If it's all or none, I will just take none and stop using Waze. Please return the old sound functionality.
db869
Send a message
Last edited by db869 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dtrace
iPad 2 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze - 3.6

Waze crashes every time on startup. I have tried the following;
Re-installing Waze while running.
Removing Waze then restart iPad and install Waze.
Tried turning airplane mode on/off.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried attaching the crash report but it would not let me. http://pastebin.com/WakZTUKf
dtrace
Send a message

Post by dtrace
iJewJitsu wrote:For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.

I've now reinstalled WinterBoard and the one or two tweaks that I wanted back, and Waze is still running. I was unable to narrow down the specific WinterBoard package that was causing the crash, but I'd suggest uninstalling WinterBoard, and then test Waze after each package you reinstall to find the culprit.
That did not work for me since WinterBoard was not installed. I just tried a fresh clean restored device with just Waze and same results.
dtrace
Send a message

Post by dtrace
phlag wrote:I'm also having issues with a jailbroken device (4S on 6.1.2). I don't have Winterboard or XCON installed.
I uninstalled Waze 3.6, rebooted, synced over version 3.5.3 from iTunes, and I still had the exact same problem (crashing after the logo).

For the time being I've restored my 4S to factory settings, restored from backup, reinstalled Evasi0n, and kept Waze 3.5.3.

I know that catering a fix to jailbroken users is a hassle with all of the extra factors you have to account for, but I do hope that something gets worked out.
What worked for me was to create a new profile on ipad/itunes. Basically did not restore my settings and just sync my apps. Everything else returned the same result of Waze not starting up.
dtrace
Send a message