These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by enhket
it has been 45 days since the last version was released. is the new beta/version going to be released any soon? :shock:
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by fabryx73
Also with 3.6.0 the no popup issue is present.
As already reported in a previous post, even with a route with several traffic reports and police reports, no popups are shown while stopped. Neither one of them...
Only gas price update popups appears on screen while standing in a gas station proximity, but these report last for 10 seconds and doesn't disappear when running again, becoming annoying.
Street names are too invasive in my opinion.
GPS precision seem to be lower than the first 3.0 releases, but this is hard to check without doubts in a city.
Solve the popup issue pls, becouse it is from December that we are reporting this issue and there was no feedback from any developer.

Thx
Bye
fabryx73
Send a message
Last edited by fabryx73 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by fabryx73
I talked now with a friend of mine that is reporting the Popup Issue on the Facebook Waze Italia page.
She say that a Facebook forum moderator told them that developers idicate the POPUP ISSUE as not a problem because only reports placed on the same route you are following and within a radius of 20 Km are shown as popup when stopped.
Is it correct or not?
What should be the real behaviour of popup reports?

Anyway, also in that condition, no Popup are shown...
I think you are joking with us because many users ask you to disable that feature and you simply disabled it.
fabryx73
Send a message
Last edited by fabryx73 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by fabryx73
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I am not seeing private messages in the app show up in my inbox. Anyone else seeing this? Can't understand how something like this keeps getting broken with each release.

Tapatalk made me do it.
I see that I lost all previous messages after the update. Is it correct?
fabryx73
Send a message

Post by fabryx73
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The details I posted earlier in this thread contradict what Perlin has written. I, and others, have pretty clearly proven that popups are not working per this information. In fact, they aren't working at all.
Yes, I think that Perlin description is wrong too. But he/she never replyed to my post after that one.
I can also add this issue, already posted here:

- Less GPS precision than it was on first 3.0.x releases... hard to investigate, but it seem that GPS datas are bad filtered. When standing at 0 KM/h, the position changes slightly on screen, sometimes reversing the direction of the car. This not happens with Navigon for example, so it is not an hardwaare related problem.

- Street names cover route intersection in some situation; especially on "T" intersections. Someone states tha this is very good... no comment...

- Very very very strange route calculations. I have to test it more, but many times the navigator show me routes that are completely no sense; e.g. changing street for caming back to the first one 100m ahead even if the first street was clean (on screen and on realty.... and no, it was not a one way street).

Anyway it is free and it is great. (But solve the issue pls)
fabryx73
Send a message

Post by fuegodelsol
Hi, here's a bug report for Waze app v3.6 in iPhone 4s, iOS 6.1.3 (not jail broken). Has anyone else encountered this?

BUG REPORT:
Every so often, in my case once or twice a week, this issue pops up for me. It has happened at least 6 times already in the four weeks I've used the app.

Issue:
Upon entering navigate screen, I try searching for a destination by typing into the search field. After entering the location, I see that Waze is only searching for Contact List Results. Waze results, which is usually the default, isn't even available. Google, Bing, Foursquare, etc results are also not available - you could usually scroll through those options in the search mode, but with this issue the icons are not available at all. Only the contact list results icon is available. I then try going to categories mode, and the screen shows "no items". The usual options like gas stations, restaurants, places of interest, etc are all gone.

I have tried switching off the app (throough the switch off option, and also a hard kill of the app via the iOS double-home-key-press task manager thing) then restarting the app, and the issue persists. I've also tried restarting my phone, still no luck.

A network issue was my first hunch, but may not actually be the case. The phone is connected to the network at all times the issue happens. I know this because traffic reports and other network reliant stuff like messages are still available.

Notes:
1. Two or three times that the issue happened, there was a popup saying that storage space was getting low. There were two options/buttons on the popup - "Done", and the other was "Manage" I think. I've tried both options. "Done" just resumes the app but search is still compromised. "Manage" takes you to the settings of the iPhone showing the different apps installed and the space they consume, and even after deleting some apps and returning to Waze, search is still compromised. However, this popup does not appear all times that the search/categories issue showed up. I also have more than 900MB free out of the 16GB capacity of my phone.
2. I am on a prepaid plan on my phone, so I access the internet exclusively via WiFi on a mobile WiFi stick that I have. Not sure if that affects Waze?
3. My country is the Philippines and my network provider (both on the phone and mobile wifi) is Globe Telecom - not sure if that'll also help identify the issue if it turns out to be network or location related.

Resolution/workaround:
The only resolution I found that works is to uninstall the app and re-download it from itunes app store or reinstall it while the phone is syncing with my PC. After reinstalling and reopening the app, search functions normally and the categories are also back. However, this workaround is quite tedious especially if search goes wonky once or twice a week.

I hope there are other Wazers who can give suggestions, or maybe the Waze team can provide a permanent fix. Thanks!
fuegodelsol
Send a message

Post by fuegodelsol
Thanks guys. I'll keep observing until the next time it happens again (I just reinstalled Waze a couple days ago and it's still fine). I'll try switching around my home WiFi and the mobile one too. Will try to take screenshots as well.

Will keep you posted.
fuegodelsol
Send a message

Post by fuegodelsol
fuegodelsol wrote: Issue:
Upon entering navigate screen, I try searching for a destination by typing into the search field. After entering the location, I see that Waze is only searching for Contact List Results. Waze results, which is usually the default, isn't even available. Google, Bing, Foursquare, etc results are also not available - you could usually scroll through those options in the search mode, but with this issue the icons are not available at all. Only the contact list results icon is available. I then try going to categories mode, and the screen shows "no items". The usual options like gas stations, restaurants, places of interest, etc are all gone.
Hi all,

The issue recurred for me this morning and I was able to take some screenshots.

Here's the search screen with only Contact Results available. Notice that WiFi is connected (connected via a mobile WiFi stick).
Search.png
Search screen with only contacts results available
(44.53 KiB) Downloaded 862 times
Here's the Categories screen with "No items" displayed.
Categories.png
Categories screen showing no items
(32 KiB) Downloaded 861 times
Here's the Menu screen showing that Reports are still available, and so I assume that network is also available. This may mean the issue is not with connectivity?
Menu.png
Menu screen with Reports available
(184 KiB) Downloaded 870 times
I also tried switching to my home WiFi once I got back and checking if I could do a search and if categories returned. This did not work and search/categories were still comprmised. I had to uninstall/reinstall the app again for the seach functionality and categories to be restored.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
fuegodelsol
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Haven't seen this one mentioned yet:
Aspect ratio of buttons changes. Yes, it is cosmetic, but annoying nevertheless.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/04/e5a5u9u6.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/04/ba9uzety.jpg

Also cosmetic and annoying is the jump in the splashscreen, that makes the topcorners broken:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/04/eharatag.jpg
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Since it was brought up in a beta thread, I think by bgodette, regarding knots-to-km or miles conversion: it still isn't fixed. It remains impossible, as it has since at least 2010 and probably since the first version of Waze with a speedometer was released, that certain speeds will never display in the app. 60mph is one of those values.
Not fixing this will definitely render every attempt to implement those average-speed-cameras futile.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1