- I didn't have problems with 188.8.131.52 ot the other betas before, but I also didn't have Froyo at that time. (Was on Enomther's Eclair ROM at that point that caused reboots (even reboot loops) by itself, but that was completely unrelated to waze, and I don't remember a reboot loop starting when waze was running.)
- I'm not 100% sure when the rebooting actually started, but I think it was after I updated to stock Froyo.
- I had quite frequent reboots for some time. They were unrelated to whether the display was on or off or whether I tried to interact with waze or not. (At first I even thought it happened only when the display was off because my first few reboots were in that state.)
- The reboots seemed to happen only shortly after waze startup at first, but later I found that they also could took place at any other time during the drive.
- Then the rebooting suddenly stopped maybe three or four weeks ago. I've been driving around daily since then with waze on and without a single reboot—except one day one and a half weeks ago when I had two or three reboots during waze use on one single day.
- I didn't ever experience any freezes or other, non-rebooting issues; I never had to remove the battery. There are hangs sometimes where waze doesn't update the display and can't be interacted with for ten or twenty seconds, but it always gets back to normal after that. (Though I think when a reboot occurs, it starts with a similar state, for at the few times when I directly saw it happen, there was a frozen display, too.)
The fact that I had so few reboots lately and the only ones on a rather hot day led to me speculating that it could be a temperature issue. But since then there was a much hotter day that showed no issues at all. While temperature issues would of course show unpredictable behaviour, I don't think it's very probable to get several reboots on a rather hot day and later none on a very hot day.
On the reboot day, OTOH, I drove routes that were unkown yet, which has become rather seldom for me. Most routes I drive are different ways to work which have all been well-known to ways for a while now.
But then again, this day was not the only time when I drove unknown roads. Could be the one with the most on one day, though.
Very difficult to nail down, it seems. I hope the waze team will be able to find a solution, but this definitely looks like a horribly difficult-to-fix problem.