Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

House numbers will be down for a while

Post by shirlig
Hi guys,

We'd like to change the house numbers mechanism in WME from editing by ranges to editing pinpoints.

As we can't work on the new mechanism while the old one is active, we will need to temporarily remove the house numbers section from the editor.

We will start working on it in the upcoming days and we estimate that it will take about a month to reactivate house numbers in its new format.

We will provide a 24 hours notice before it's removed.

Thanks,

Shirli
shirlig

POSTER_ID:94099

Send a message

Post by SirCH
So, I updated some house numbers last weekend, however even though the map tiles have been updated, the house numbers are just ignored when I search from the client, or from browser live map or update map. Is anybody else having the same problem? :?
SirCH
Send a message

Post by remzamora
is it gonna be up soon? i want to put house number data here in philippines :)
remzamora
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
I think USPS is actually working/advocating to remove all punctuation (stop) characters from addresses, particularly house numbers. You may want to double-check with USPS, but those Hawaiian addresses with the dashes in the house numbers are probably now supposed to be written without the dashes.

We had a similar convention here in the Queens borough of New York City, where the first part of the house number before a dash character indicated the block the address was on, i.e. a cross street. USPS now instructs those complete house numbers to be written as a plain sequence of digits without any dashes, spaces, punctuation marks, or other stop characters.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
In Malaysia there are house numbers such as 3A instead of No 4.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by PalmettoC
Thanks! I think this will make things a lot more accurate and cut down on a lot of the URs that are unnecessary!
PalmettoC
Send a message

orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by Olestas
And in Latvia we often have numbers such as 232/1, 232/2, 232/3 (or 232k-1, 232k-2, 232k-3... which is the same) ... These are different buildings. The same goes to 232a, 232b, 232c...
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
No thanks, I heard it's near to useless.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Funny answer.. Why would I edit numbers, if in this topic it is stated, that they are offline.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message