Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

carpooling

Post by Lambo-1
Would love to see an addition that made it easy to match people for potential carpooling.

Set a work and a home location (confidential).
Show list to others of potential matches.
Users can then contact through Waze.
Lambo-1

POSTER_ID:13123047

Send a message

Post by jss01930
Now that ya mention it (and this is a bit off topic from your suggestion), have you ever used Waze on more than one device in the same car? Any idea if it skews the aggregate data?

My wife and I have this debate, and so far haven't done it - wouldn't want to unrealistically double the number of cars reporting our speed, etc. But, being a carpooler, do you know if this is a reasonable concern?
jss01930
Send a message

Post by l0gic23
jss01930 wrote:Now that ya mention it (and this is a bit off topic from your suggestion), have you ever used Waze on more than one device in the same car? Any idea if it skews the aggregate data?

My wife and I have this debate, and so far haven't done it - wouldn't want to unrealistically double the number of cars reporting our speed, etc. But, being a carpooler, do you know if this is a reasonable concern?
also wondering :?:
l0gic23
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
NEVER run Waze on two devices at the same time with the same single account no matter where the devices are. Neither device will work well and you probably won't get any points for any distance driven on either.

If you are using two accounts, nothing will blow up, but you will slightly skew the data for the road. Especially if not many other Wazers use that road.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator