These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
orbitc wrote:what is the link for the latest beta download link
Thanks.
If you are part of the beta-test-group you will have that knowledge. If you are not in that group yet - you are pretty much out of luck, it has a limited size.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I really really dislike the non-switch of day/night mode when Waze has been running for more than 30 minutes before the time to switch. The way this is currently set up makes no sense to me.
Huh? Is that confirmed? Nonsense indeed if true.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/13/ha6e7aqy.jpg

The slashed loudspeaker indicates that sound is OFF - the slashed orange wazer indicates that sharing is ON.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gbfdcapt4b
iPhone 5, iOS 6.1 and I can no longer open it either. I get this on the screen for 2 seconds and then returns to home screen.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169 ... 73c8f6.jpg
gbfdcapt4b
Send a message

Post by gbfdcapt4b
Yes, that worked. Thanks!
gbfdcapt4b
Send a message

Post by iJewJitsu
I have the constant crash on startup as of this evening too, whereas it worked fine on current version until today.

According to CrashReporter, Winterboard may be the culprit. It also seems to be affecting Kindle. Will try to confirm if it is a Winterboard conflict or not.
iJewJitsu
Send a message
iPhone 4S - iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze v3.7.2

Post by iJewJitsu
For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.

I've now reinstalled WinterBoard and the one or two tweaks that I wanted back, and Waze is still running. I was unable to narrow down the specific WinterBoard package that was causing the crash, but I'd suggest uninstalling WinterBoard, and then test Waze after each package you reinstall to find the culprit.
iJewJitsu
Send a message
Waze v3.7.2

Post by iJewJitsu
Maybe it's a US vs. The World issue, but it's definitely an issue on the US routing server. And I doubt it's client-specific, more likely a problem with the routing server. But it's definitely happening.

I've heard a number of stories from others, and I've told my own. Here is one glaringly obvious example: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38078&start=10#p360243
I concur. I can't speak to where it isn't an issue, and unfortunately I wasn't able to document cases because I had a lot going on, but:

I just used waze to drive across the country from Southern California through the Southwest on up to South Dakota and across to the Mid Atlantic. It performed beautifully the whole way (obviously, I hit some patches with no data but as I always searched my routes at stops; I was able to even relaunch the app without data when necessary and find a route).

The only times it did NOT perform for me (besides the odd report that wouldn't send from network issues) was whenever I tried to use the "Add A Stop" feature. I have used it flawlessly in the past, but it is most certainly broken in its current state on the US server.
iJewJitsu
Send a message
Waze v3.7.2

Post by invented
photo (2).jpg
(85.89 KiB) Downloaded 1008 times
When I use Add a Stop, the routing goes completely to shit. Now it has me going as far out of the way as possible to get to my stop point, alternatively it has me going quite far out of the way to get to my end point.

If it's not doing that, it's telling me to drive in circles...
invented
Send a message