[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby bgodette » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:52 pm

CBenson wrote:
bgodette wrote:If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.

I've never understood this. The soft turn indication doesn't mean that the automatic process is free to work. So if you edit a segment from which there are soft turns without editing the turns (say a mass name change), the effect on the restricted turns is that they will no longer change to open when waze finds tracks through them, so you are essentially locking them into the low penalty state until they are changed to hard turns by an editor?
Yes, which is why mass edits of segment properties is so disruptive and why mass-select features of Extended Tools and now Add-Ons was/is so reviled. It's counter productive to Waze's automatic processes for basemapped areas and forces everything to have be done by an editor at some point.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby porubcan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 am

khaytsus wrote:
porubcan wrote:if you use JNF on basemapped area, you would cause massive damage (by turning soft-restricted turns of basemap to hard-restricted), even it is not on one save, it still very dangerous. AFAIK this already happened in Belgium (if I remember correctly).

So all of the turns were restricted and someone Q'ed all of them using JNF? Otherwise, I'm not picturing what you're saying here.

Yes, JNF should only be used once all streets and nodes and turn restrictions are complete.

correct, basemap with soft-restricted turns and someone just got rid of soft-turns by using JNF.

bgodette wrote:
porubcan wrote:if you use JNF on basemapped area, you would cause massive damage (by turning soft-restricted turns of basemap to hard-restricted), even it is not on one save, it still very dangerous. AFAIK this already happened in Belgium (if I remember correctly).
Uh no. If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.

Wrong. Basically if there soft-turn (doesn't matter if soft-allowed or soft-restricted) exists on the junction it will remain soft until someone set it manually to hard. You may edit everything else on the segment (like geometry, city/street names, etc.), but this will not affect existing soft-turns at all.

Soft-turns are not matter of basemap only. New soft-turns are easy to create. just draw new segment and create roundabout crossing that segment. then you see soft-enabled turns in new junctions. you may edit any segments, soft-turn will remain until manually WQed (or JNF used).
In previous versions of WME it was possible to create soft-turns by creating junction on two crossing segments via the "create junction) icon which appears if you select both segments. And historically soft-turns were being created also in other cases.
So even there were never basemap in our country we have tons of soft-turns and we are trying to get rid of them. so we may QW junction with soft-turns, but need to check before, if there were any turns restricted, or use JNF, which will preserve current restrictions and get rid of soft-turns.
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.5.0.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 pm

porubcan wrote:
bgodette wrote:Uh no. If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.

Wrong. Basically if there soft-turn (doesn't matter if soft-allowed or soft-restricted) exists on the junction it will remain soft until someone set it manually to hard. You may edit everything else on the segment (like geometry, city/street names, etc.), but this will not affect existing soft-turns at all.
Still no. As soon as a segment has been edited for *anything* it becomes off limits to the automated systems, this includes the turn restrictions, soft or not. Feel free to reconfirm that soft restricted turns from an edited segment do not get updated by drive analysis, all you'll get is an MP eventually.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:25 pm

bgodette wrote:
porubcan wrote:If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.

I'm hearing the two of you saying different non-contradictory things. If there is a soft-turn, yes it will remain soft until someone sets manually to hard. But if the segment has never been edited that soft-turn restriction is free to be automatically changed from soft restricted to soft enabled based on drive data. So editing a never before edited segment does affect the ability of a soft restricted turn to change to a soft enabled turns. But this editing does not affect the actual soft status of the turn restriction. Can you both be correct?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:46 pm

CBenson wrote:
bgodette wrote:
porubcan wrote:If you touch any segment at all using just WME on basemap it disables all automatic processing including opening soft turns. Basically unless the last editor is Admin (-1) or undefined, automatic processing doesn't touch.

I'm hearing the two of you saying different non-contradictory things. If there is a soft-turn, yes it will remain soft until someone sets manually to hard. But if the segment has never been edited that soft-turn restriction is free to be automatically changed from soft restricted to soft enabled based on drive data. So editing a never before edited segment does affect the ability of a soft restricted turn to change to a soft enabled turns. But this editing does not affect the actual soft status of the turn restriction. Can you both be correct?
His concern is that making them hard restricted thru either qw or jnf, means they never update to allowed. I'm saying touching any property of the segment also prevents them from ever updating to allowed as well but goes the extra horrible step of leaving them soft so you end up with even worse routes from the low penalties in a mixed environment.

Sloppy mass edits are bad, mmmkay.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm obviously not well versed in the intricacies of soft turn restrictions, particularly in non-base mapped areas. So do any turns ever automatically update from restricted to allowed in a non-base mapped area?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby porubcan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Seems we both are right, but with different points. If there is soft-restricted turn and you use QW it will become hard-allowed (just because of W). If you use JNF it wiil become hard-restricted. Basemap contains tons of soft-restricted turns (and I will not question how or if are automatically switching to soft-enabled)
Point was that routing servers allow routes via soft-restricted turns, but hardly via hard-restricted. And if someone uses JNF on basemap before turns are set correctly, it might be real problem.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.5.0.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 am

porubcan wrote:Point was that routing servers allow routes via soft-restricted turns, but hardly via hard-restricted. And if someone uses JNF on basemap before turns are set correctly, it might be real problem.
But only if *all* turns are soft-restricted. As soon as there's any soft-allowed or hard-allowed inside the routing limits (1000 miles ptp on NA, ~500 miles ptp rotw), it all falls over and is actually worse. Since that's a near certainty I'm sure you can understand why doing incomplete work is bad.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby skbun » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
jondrush wrote:This is in FF 10.

Buddy! TIme to upgrade. We are on FF 19 now. FF 10 was about 15 days ago. :mrgreen:

I'm not clear on how this works. I mean, I can see from the googlecode page that WME-addons is getting occasional fixes and upgrades, but the OP in the thread is giving me 0.42 (that doesn't seem to have any of them). How exactly do I get 'the newest version' to install, and verify that I got said upgrade (either inside the script or with another check)?

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby khaytsus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:49 pm

skbun wrote:I'm not clear on how this works. I mean, I can see from the googlecode page that WME-addons is getting occasional fixes and upgrades, but the OP in the thread is giving me 0.42 (that doesn't seem to have any of them). How exactly do I get 'the newest version' to install, and verify that I got said upgrade (either inside the script or with another check)?

Looks like code checkins but no release since 0.42. He's doing some development on function or bugs, but unless you're willing to test, I'd stick with 0.42.
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
khaytsus

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts