These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by invented
So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
davipt wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
invented wrote:So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?
It appears to follow the original route to the initial destination and then near the end of the route it tries to pick up the stop point.

Maybe this is related to the problem I just noticed when setting a starting point on the client. Then ask for alternate routes and then look at the map to choose one. When you do pick one it then uses your current origin as the start point, not the one you just saw in the map that you set.
I never saw that happening on normal usage, but as I said if you set manually a start point, the flow only works the first time, if you try to change route the start point if forgotten and you'll get a route from here to stop to here or something even weirder.

If you see it happening on a regular here->stop->destination tell us. I may have never seen anything like that because my normal "stop point" usage are always in the middle of the route - I use it to force a route through a certain route.
I'm not talking about a manual stop point, only normal usage. I provided an example of a circuitous route earlier; it's basically an unusable feature in this version now.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
davipt wrote:
invented wrote:I'm not talking about a manual stop point, only normal usage. I provided an example of a circuitous route earlier; it's basically an unusable feature in this version now.
Well, I apologize if it doesn't work for you and Alan, but I basically ignored your confusing "circuitous route" because I couldn't even see any stop point or end point, and also couldn't parse your english sentence, my fault most probably, just may have understood some part with the answer from Alan.
I just meant the usual "works for me™", as I've tried right now more than a dozen combinations, short distances (<5km), average daily (~25km) and long ones (~100Km) and all is "perfect" and I can't see the behavior Alan reported that the route will try to reach the end point and then go back to the stop point, whatever this means.

So not discounting that you might really have some problem, for the question you provided "So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?", the answer is no, not all agree.

On the other hand maybe you are perfectly right and the Add Stop is completely borked *in the USA*? ;)
No problem, it could very well be in the NA server entirely.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
jasonh300 wrote:I've noticed over the past 2 or 3 days, that when I pick up editing candy, the old blaring trumpet sound is back, rather than the much more pleasant sound that we've had for the past few months. What's the deal with that?
I think the trumpet is awesomer.
invented
Send a message

Post by j-lamar
Just three random suggestions ...

1. Could a display filter be created to suppress alerts of upcoming traffic light cameras? I find them distracting, and it appears to be one element that can't be turned off (or am I just missing this?).

2. For the final direction to a destination, could a left or right indicator be included along with the "checkered flag" to note which side of the road the destination will be on (or an "On Left" or "On Right" text addition to the street address)?

3. It seems that the app monetization strategy includes company tie-ins with location tags (e.g., Taco Bell), which is a clever tactic. I was wondering, though, that as you (probably) inevitably add more company tie-ins, will there be an opportunity to buy a "pro" version of Waze that removes this advertising? I can guarantee you that many of your users would be willing to part with $0.99 to get rid of the ads.

Thanks,

Jason
j-lamar
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I've noticed over the past 2 or 3 days, that when I pick up editing candy, the old blaring trumpet sound is back, rather than the much more pleasant sound that we've had for the past few months. What's the deal with that?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I've noticed over the past 2 or 3 days, that when I pick up editing candy, the old blaring trumpet sound is back, rather than the much more pleasant sound that we've had for the past few months. What's the deal with that?
I've reported that in the past, too. That the sound for the candy keeps changing from the trumpets to the softer tinkling one.
I thought that the softer tinkling one was a new sound that came out (probably with 3.5). The past few days was the first time I'd heard the trumpets in months.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I've used the Add A Stop feature a few times in recent weeks and had no problem with it. A couple of short trips and one long trip (40+ miles with a stop about 1/2 way).

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
invented wrote:
I think the trumpet is awesomer.
I really don't care one way or the other. But I remember a lot o complaints about the trumpet in the forums and they changed it shortly afterwards. I don't know if that was the reason.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
orbitc wrote:Watch the guided tour -----> video won't play

I've tried many things to get this video working, but no luck...

I get this instead:
Uh-oh!
Video could not start

Any ideas?
I got it to start, but then it would play for a second and pause. It did that repeatedly. I don't know if it was because of a slow Internet connection or what.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message