These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by deeggo
petervdveen wrote:
perlin wrote:Well duh, of course we won't let just one user to be able to close roads for all others. We've set up a special configuration - a set of rules - that determines how this feature should behave - it evaluates the user's rank, the number of closure alerts that have been reported and it also takes under account the road type (2 users with low rank will be able to close a street but not a freeway (just an example)).
I guess you know deeggo is not a low rank user, but a very high rank user.
Also his house is not on a freeway 8-)
Thanks Peter, that's correct indeed. :-)
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
CrackedLCD wrote:This looks like a simple fix and it would greatly enhance the usability of the prices option. They don't necessarily have to make the prices themselves bigger, just the area one can tap to activate the input field.
Totally +1. I often have to tap several times before I can start typing.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Had a force close and also a frozen client several times when searching for a nearby gas station to report prices. This happened every time when doing:
1 start up the client while on the gas station
2 directly dismiss the popup asking you to report gas prices cause you're near a gas station
3 tap Report / Gas prices. Crash or freeze

Logs sent at 14:25 and 15:28 GMT+1 today. Reproducible.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
blue_tornadoo wrote:When will be there new versions or beta apps? Nothing recognized for a long time??? Will be there new betas or even final versions. What is about the rumors about a new beta platform?

LG Richard.
I hope they keep their focus on more important things for a while, like the routing and the infrastructure stability. New moods can wait :lol:
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Alan, the app offers the possibility to close for a couple of days. It should do just that, close for a couple of days. Many people do not find the way to the editor.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Yesterday I had a crash while typing in the 3rd gas price. Logs sent from my account on 8:30am GMT+2.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by derekslenk
On the HTC DNA, when navigating, the speedometer and 'center on me' buttons are covered by the settings and report issue buttons on the bottom of the screen.

derekslenk
Send a message

Post by DG567
Really like the tilted report bubbles. Could you do the same with the traffic speed bubbles? It's hard to see which side the jam is.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DG567
Can't see how to delete a recent destination from the list in this version?
Used to be: show list - touch on the right - more - trash can. No trash can any more!
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DG567
On a similar subject, when travelling on unnamed roads, Waze uses the NEXT NAMED segment for it's turn instruction.
This is fine in the city for ignoring short, transitional segments. In rural areas though, the next named segment might be several kilometers away.

Perhaps the algorithm should only do this when there is just one transitional segment, or alternatively instruct 'turn ... TOWARDS ...' instead of 'turn ... ON TO ...'. In English, this would make more sense.
In general, Waze is looking really good now.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message