These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Post by JohnDoe75
When i installed the update it asked me to DL the language.
I couldn't press the Yes button so I had to turn the phone.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sued-18 wrote:I will say, whilst writing, that the new tilted hazard/traffic pins are an excellent upgrade, much easier to see what side of the road it's on.
I agree! The only remaining issue is posting a hazard for the "other side" of a divided highway/roadway. As of right now, I'm pretty sure that type of hazard will never alert anyone. The good news is the the pin tilt should give a visual indication even if no hazard alert appears.

Or even being able to indicate traffic or police on a street you cross.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
(I did not find this in the forums and I know this was present in the prior version.)
(EDIT: skbun pointed out his post from some time ago on this same topic viewtopic.php?p=255404#p255404)

BUG: When starting or restarting navigation guidance, the initial distance shown on the screen (which also shows the road reports and ETA) is incorrect (short) by the amount of distance from the current location to the first turn in the navigation.

When in a neighborhood with many turns or a driveway with a turn at the end you don't realize this is happening. However if you are traveling down the freeway or a major road and select a destination that will include many miles of the current road before you exit you initially see an incorrect distance to your destination causing you to think you entered it wrong, or you have a false sense of a short distance only to be surprised that the distance is much greater after you accept it.

Once you accept the destination (or wait for the screen to automatically clear) the correct distance is shown at the bottom of the screen for remaining distance.

The fix would be to include the distance from the current location to the first turn/exit as is known to the system once you accept the route.

This does not appear to affect alternate route distances though.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
perlin wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:BUG: When starting or restarting navigation guidance, the initial distance shown on the screen (which also shows the road reports and ETA) is incorrect (short) by the amount of distance from the current location to the first turn in the navigation.
Known issue. Haven't been fix yet.
I am surprised since no one from Waze at the meetup California meetup was aware of this when we mentioned it. This is another example of where a community bug tracking system would greatly help the community and Waze save hundreds of collective hours of work unknowingly investigating known issues. :mrgreen:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
invented wrote:When I use Add a Stop, the routing goes completely to shit. Now it has me going as far out of the way as possible to get to my stop point, alternatively it has me going quite far out of the way to get to my end point.

If it's not doing that, it's telling me to drive in circles...
The routing server seems to be strongly preferring to get us very close to our final destination, then routing to the stop point, then back to the final destination again. They need to work on this.
Alan, do you know if this was added to the list of open items? (Don't currently have access.) I see this a lot and I can add some examples if we need more.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
The reminder number keeps going up for me. It is up to 12 now and I have nothing in my inbox to read or delete. I have not uninstalled the app at this point, but frankly it is poor programming that permits itself to get out of sync and not self correct. :roll: :o
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
invented wrote:So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?
It appears to follow the original route to the initial destination and then near the end of the route it tries to pick up the stop point.

Maybe this is related to the problem I just noticed when setting a starting point on the client. Then ask for alternate routes and then look at the map to choose one. When you do pick one it then uses your current origin as the start point, not the one you just saw in the map that you set.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
jasonh300 wrote:I've used the Add A Stop feature a few times in recent weeks and had no problem with it. A couple of short trips and one long trip (40+ miles with a stop about 1/2 way).
I also tried the "add a stop" and it appeared to work much better from nearly the same spot as when I first reported it was broken.

As for the trumpets, my wife hates the trumpet and barely put up with the softer tone we have had for months. I hope the softer tones come back.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message