These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Cannot Reestablish Data Connection

Post by MattTheMortgageMan
I have a strange and highly irritating glitch. Whenever I lose my data connection, either through wi-fi or my cellular plan, Waze cannot reestablish a connection back to the internet. I physically have to shut the app down and start it again.

So if I get into poor coverage areas and lose the signal, I suddenly get wonky turn directions, wrong placement on the map, and of course, no access to live features. What's worse, I get no credit for the areas I drive into. It's a serious flaw on my device.

It's like it won't refresh at all.

I'm running Waze on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" with Android ICS 4.0. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
MattTheMortgageMan

POSTER_ID:12443282

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Is this after any data interruption or one of significant length (30+ minutes)?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by MattTheMortgageMan
My data connections are pretty good where I am. If I have any interruptions, it would only be a couple of minutes. My device tells me I'm connected so I know the data works but not Waze.

Does anyone know of any software updates that might help solve this issue? It's not practical to keep restarting everything, especially when I'm driving.
MattTheMortgageMan
Send a message

Post by nhoffm
I am convinced, that it is not your device but Waze. :cry: There have been many reports that only waze stays disconnected while at the same time all other apps are working fine.
nhoffm
Send a message

Post by nhoffm
If the data connection changes from WLAN to G3 or from G3 to EDGE while waze is transferring data (new route) I have never seen it successfully restart. I would expect waze to stop the transfer after some timeout, close all data connections and start a new connection after cleaning up. This seems not to happen.
nhoffm
Send a message