Post by crazycaveman
I am and hadn't thought of trying another browser. Just tried Firefox and IE, but still have the same issue. Only the radio buttons on the right display, there's nothing to the left of the group names.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
I don't think it's a cache issue. I tired two different browsers on a Mac, one of which had never been to the Waze forums and then 3 different browsers on my work machine, 2 of which had never logged onto the forums. In on chrome 38, but there is a pending update
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Here is all I see, nothing to the left of Memberships:
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Well, I found a way to get it to work: I joined the Rank 4 group and can now change my default group (as you can see). I guess that the setting to allow users to change their default is not enabled in any of the other groups which I am a member
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
When you are already in your inbox, you will always see "0 new messages" at the top. I'm guessing this is because you have "seen" your message and the forum no longer considers it "new". I recently was wondering about this myself, before realizing it only did it when I went directly to my inbox, instead of another part of the forum.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Almost every time I log in I get:
"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below."
This despite this is my first attempt to log in. Worse, without changing the password I go through the palava of the Captcha and get logged in...

The forum also suffers that age old issue with domain and cookies (I am sure you can read up on this one on the phpbb forums).. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

I seem to have an issue with my forum account. This is, apparently, my second post, I have sent no messages and received none and I have no signature.
BUT I DO!!!!

Would this be related to installing the new app and then changing what I though was my nickname (but is my username) and back again?

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,
sketch wrote:
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

I seem to have an issue with my forum account. This is, apparently, my second post, I have sent no messages and received none and I have no signature.
BUT I DO!!!!

Would this be related to installing the new app and then changing what I though was my nickname (but is my username) and back again?

Des. . . ;)
Yep, that's right. Unfortunately changing your username doesn't play nice with the forums. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about it.
Yes, I notice that my "old" account exists with what was (nearly) my nickname.
Dumb.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,
jasonh300 wrote:
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,
sketch wrote:Yep, that's right. Unfortunately changing your username doesn't play nice with the forums. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about it.
Yes, I notice that my "old" account exists with what was (nearly) my nickname.
Dumb.

Des. . . ;)
Wait, so are you the same CTCNetwork that has been around for several years? What exactly happened here?
Yes! I certainly hope so.
All happened when I installed the new Waze version where it asked for the user name. My confusion about there being no nickname for registered users and changing the username to the nick name (which was taken) My old account is now Wonk0TheSane and has all posts, messages, siggy etc.

If I was an admin I'd use the phpBB Support Tool and merge this account with the other and then rename the account to this name.... :)

To whom should I direct a request for this?

Des. . . :)

PS: Mod can remove the link if required.
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

I have popped him a PM. Let's see.. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message