Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jdeyoung
jdeyoung wrote:
a4bolek wrote:
ghostridetheWhip wrote:Galaxy Nexus v4.1.1 - Stock OS
  • Waze still crashes about 80% of the time when I stop at an intersection.
  • Waze still crashes when accessing messages in the inbox (though the actual Inbox menu loads and is stable) and the "Ask a Question" menu.. AS WELL AS All of the following menus: My Waze > "My Specials", "Scoreboard", and "Groups"
  • On occasion, Waze crashes while trying to reopen after sending feedback from a prior crash.
I do not use social media w/ Waze thus cannot comment on their functionality.

Interesting enough I have this app installed on a Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and NONE of the aforementioned issues are present in either of these two phones.

Secondly, I have cleared the cache and performed "clean installs" of Waze on the Galaxy Nexus only to experience the same issues. Unfortunately, Waze has become too unstable and not to mention unsafe for me to reopen every 2 minutes while I'm driving. This upsets me as I have endured through these issues for the past few major updates and have not seen the matters been resolved. I used to love using Waze every day; it has helped me become more credible.

I hope maybe I can retain my credibility even without my precious Waze.
You should be running JB 4.2.2. I have had crashes while accessing Scoreboard that cleared up after update to 4.2.2.

To perform "clean install" you need to delete Waze folder after uninstalling then reboot the phone. After clean installation skip login and try to run few sessions as anonymous.

Check if you are using correct APN settings for your provider. Some of these issues may be caused by no connectivity.
Good to know,but JB 4.1.1 is the latest (I just checked) for my Razr Maxx HD...
Better to at least know that the app is fixed regardless of version...
Haven't seen anything recently. I continue to send logs every time this happens - which is still 3-4 times per day. Kind of defeats the idea of a "drive". And it is extremely annoying to have this keep happening in stop-and-go traffic.
I got an update to android 4.1.2 (not 4.2.2 as one poster indicated). This also defeats the idea of advertisers paying for advertising that doesn't actually get delivered.
When can we expect this to be fixed - OR - what can I do to turn off popups to stop the crashing?
jdeyoung
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by JimB50
Because I live near a large city, I have selected the option to only get alerts on my route. But I still get traffic alerts from all over the city. :x :x :x
Is this an issue that others also see? My phone is an LG VS930.
Jim
JimB50
Send a message
Jim
Level 3 editor
LG VS 930 Android 4.1.2
Cleaning up in my area

Post by jimbolaya
After recovering my phone from a bad upgrade, I realized that I can no longer set myself to be anonymous on an ongoing basis. I have to go "My Waze" and select "Go invisible" every time!!!

I don't really care if I'm "invisible", but I would like it if my user information didn't just pop up. There doesn't seem to be a "Privacy" section where you can set your location to "Anonymous". Your documentation at http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Android_User_Manual still lists that as an option.

Hope to be Anonymous soon.
jimbolaya
Send a message

Post by karl_db
When I open up any alerts in this screen, the street names are obscured.
karl_db
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Keihin
A bug I just confirmed with my colleague:

When initiating a drive daytime, the auto mode does not manage to switch to night mode when the sun sets. A restart of Waze is needed.

We both have LG Nexus 4 running stock Android 4.2.2
Keihin
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Country Coordinator, Norway

Waze HowTo Norge

Post by Keihin
Kuhlkatz wrote:
I don't see it mentioned in this thread if I search , but it will switch only if Waze is started within 30 minutes of sunrise or sunset. It was acknowledged in the beta threads and Perlin did say it will be discussed with the developers for possible change in an upcoming version.

As asked, could you verify if the recent change for daylight savings in most countries affected this, or is the 30 minutes still valid?
That explains it :-)

My discoveries were before DS occurred, but I will try to test this as soon as I have a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Keihin
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Country Coordinator, Norway

Waze HowTo Norge

Post by khaytsus
"No changes", but happily there is at least one change; I'm not crashing when viewing "web views" like Scoreboard, ads, etc. Yay, no more "Waze crashed at stoplight" :)
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by khaytsus
khaytsus wrote:"No changes", but happily there is at least one change; I'm not crashing when viewing "web views" like Scoreboard, ads, etc. Yay, no more "Waze crashed at stoplight" :)
Belay that, crashes every time I view ads again. Sigh.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)

Post by khaytsus
TigPT wrote:This morning i passed a works on road, and i marked it but i was driving so let the details to insert later.

After a bit i passed a traffic jam and marked, and the road works warning just disappeared from the "later side bar" so it was not submitted.

Maybe a but there, try replicate it.
It only saves one, you can't queue up multiple reports.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)

Post by khaytsus
VernL4 wrote:Installation went just fine... However, I've noticed a few problems.

1. This morning I told Waze I was going to work. I added a stop, but when I got to the stop, navigation stopped and my route was cleared, that's new... :?:

2. Nearby reports are still not popping up when I am sitting still.

3. It now appears that the location of other Wazers is not being updated. I saw a wazer on my screen, and thirty minutes later I zoomed out to look around, and that user was still displayed in the same location.

Tom
1 - Same thing yesterday, I set it for Home, add Dest kids school. I arrive at kids school and I got the "You have arrived at Home" announcement.

2 - I'm beginning to think this was intentional and not coming back. Maybe so they can show more ads and crash Waze every time you stop....................

3 - Hadn't noticed this one, but I rarely pay attention to other Wazers on the map beyond a quick glance at the density.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)